News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Driver

No I’m not confusing anything.

Currently there are two MK cast routes. 1 goes from westclock to the mouth of the tunnel behind fantasyland. The second runs from the Pluto lot to Park 1 behind Main Street.

What I’m saying is that the Pluto route could drop off at the same location the westclock route drops off. So buses would run between the Pluto lot and the mouth of the tunnel behind Fantasyland. This has been done before.
I guess that's always possible , but not sure of the advantage. Why not just park at Westclock. The Pluto lot is a mess, during dry days CM's cars get covered in dust. And they do use it to stage construction equipment. Makes me wonder if they just delete the Pluto run altogether. Late night there are hardly any passengers. 1 or 2 every other cycle at best. And going to toon town from Pluto requires a railroad crossing both ways. Not saying it can't happen, but the people in cars don't understand what the bus is doing . And do some unsafe things trying to get around the bus during this procedure.

peter11435

I guess that's always possible , but not sure of the advantage. Why not just park at Westclock. The Pluto lot is a mess, during dry days CM's cars get covered in dust. And they do use it to stage construction equipment. Makes me wonder if they just delete the Pluto run altogether. Late night there are hardly any passengers. 1 or 2 every other cycle at best. And going to toon town from Pluto requires a railroad crossing both ways. Not saying it can't happen, but the people in cars don't understand what the bus is doing . And do some unsafe things trying to get around the bus during this procedure.
There isnt really an advantage. Honestly there’s not much of an advantage to Pluto currently. Elimination of the Pluto route is also likely. It just comes down to whether it is necessary for parking capacity.

Driver

There isnt really an advantage. Honestly there’s not much of an advantage to Pluto currently. Elimination of the Pluto route is also likely. It just comes down to whether it is necessary for parking capacity.
Currently the advantage for Pluto is less walking for some CM's that use it. ( so they tell me) And as far as capacity goes that lot probably holds but a few hundred cars. And in the same breath that can mean a lot if Westclock is getting full during shift changes. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

TrojanUSC

Pluto is for office & technical cast members who, largely, work in the offices above Main Street. The advantage is that it is far closer to their place of employment than the Westclock bus. Not all cast members are approved to use the Pluto shuttle.

There is also a valid need for parking on that side of the park for executives and non-costumed cast who have meetings over there, etc. From what I understand the small section of the parking lot between CoP and Buzz (where the Tomorrowland theater used to be) will remain for company vehicles and gold footballs. They will probably stage that lot so there's enough space for a bus to turn around on the outside of the cars.

Rob562

Any clue what might be shown here??? Mary Poppins? Frozen? BatB?

Look to how they use the Hyperion Theater in DCA. Aladdin, Frozen, etc.

And now that they'll have similar theaters on both coasts, Disney can look to develop new shows to open in both theaters or treat it like they do parades and open it in one place and then after a while ship it to the other coast while opening a new show in the first theater.

-Rob

Old Mouseketeer

Look to how they use the Hyperion Theater in DCA. Aladdin, Frozen, etc.

And now that they'll have similar theaters on both coasts, Disney can look to develop new shows to open in both theaters or treat it like they do parades and open it in one place and then after a while ship it to the other coast while opening a new show in the first theater.

-Rob

And that raises a good point. Despite whatever differences both front and back of house, I would guess that the stage footprint and facilities would equal to or larger than Hyperion. And based on what I hear from my DL Entertainment contacts, I hope they will expand the backstage facilities. Frozen has exceeded the space available for support functions.

TrojanUSC

And that raises a good point. Despite whatever differences both front and back of house, I would guess that the stage footprint and facilities would equal to or larger than Hyperion. And based on what I hear from my DL Entertainment contacts, I hope they will expand the backstage facilities. Frozen has exceeded the space available for support functions.

There have been a lot of regrets about Hyperion over the years, from lack of backstage space to the completely idiotic decision to not have an enclosed lobby with in-house bathrooms. There were conversations early on about having the Daytime Emmys there, along with a host of other awards shows but they were never able to get around the lack of support facilities. They could have added enough to satiate some potential event organizers but it was always kicked down the curb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom