New The Living Seas survey

HauntedMansionFLA

There have been a few proposals for Seas over the last few years, one of which got surprisingly close to happening. One or two of the responses on that survey actually point to a proposal or two. So far though, I have yet to hear much more as to whether these projects have developed.
Also, I have yet to hear of a project that involves removing the aquariums.
Aquariums moved over to DAK?

HauntedMansionFLA

Today - Nemo is very popular

Attachments

• 63DEB073-99AF-4E05-ADFC-B32F362255F1.png
    63DEB073-99AF-4E05-ADFC-B32F362255F1.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 155

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Well if Epcot was Epcot the pavilion should be educating people about the serious problems our seas our facing. I mean we have thousands of dead fish rotting on the beaches here in Florida from Red Tide. Toxic algae plumes as well. Every time there is a storm huge amounts of plastics wash up on the shore. A wasted opportunity to educate people of ways we can help keep our seas healthy. Nemo would be better served at the Studio.

If you watch finding Dory, there’s a pretty striking scene with tremendous amounts of trash on the ocean bottom. If they used characters people liked in a more creative and compelling way to address the pollution and conservation issues, It would be a better attraction. The CM spiels are great, but they’re too infrequent to have the same impact as changing the focus of the ride. I know it was more “intense” but I prefer the poaching and clear cutting message from the Safaris and Kali RR. It wouldn’t have to be that intense, but part of what I liked was that they put you in the midst of the problem. Make the guests want to change their/ global behaviors.

Edit: Yes, it can be done without a tone of condemnation.

mikejs78

Premium Member
If you watch finding Dory, there’s a pretty striking scene with tremendous amounts of trash on the ocean bottom. If they used characters people liked in a more creative and compelling way to address the pollution and conservation issues, It would be a better attraction. The CM spiels are great, but they’re too infrequent to have the same impact as changing the focus of the ride. I know it was more “intense” but I prefer the poaching and clear cutting message from the Safaris and Kali RR. It wouldn’t have to be that intense, but part of what I liked was that they put you in the midst of the problem. Make the guests want to change their/ global behaviors.

Edit: Yes, it can be done without a tone of condemnation.
I still think a good approach for this pavillion would be to turn it into the Marine Life Institute from Finding Dory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom