New The Living Seas survey

Magic Feather

There have been a few proposals for Seas over the last few years, one of which got surprisingly close to happening. One or two of the responses on that survey actually point to a proposal or two. So far though, I have yet to hear much more as to whether these projects have developed.
Also, I have yet to hear of a project that involves removing the aquariums.

jt04

I think they should look seriously at removal. They need another mega E Ticket to balance GOTG.

The only interesting thing left that isn't dated is Crush and that, or something somewhat like it could easily go to the Studios.

I do like the short dark ride but it just doesn't warrant keeping the pavilion long term. IMO.

TwilightZone

If they ever wanted to bring a 20,000 leagues attraction back to any of the parks, this is the spot.
I think they should look seriously at removal. They need another mega E Ticket to balance GOTG.

The only interesting thing left that isn't dated is Crush and that, or something somewhat like it could easily go to the Studios.

I do like the short dark ride but it just doesn't warrant keeping the pavilion long term. IMO.
I would LOVE alantean encounter in the spot. Or something with a similar plot.
A girl can dream

PizzaPlanet

There are plenty of other places for them to build a mega E Ticket (WOL, anywhere in World Showcase). The pavilion just needs some investment and it could be great.

tirian

Please move this thread if it doesn't belong here.

There's a new survey asking guest about their opinions on The Living Seas.

Could something be coming to The Seas in the near future?

Don’t get too excited. Over five years ago, Disney spent months asking very specific questions about the Imagination pavilion. Did you visit it? Did it look old? Did you watch Captain EO? Were you already familiar with Figment? Did you know about Dreamfinder?

Sometimes, Disney surveys for plans that never happen.

tirian

But, we do know that they've been looking at Seas...

Similar to the Figment survey, I think this really is an indication that they're trying to decide what to do.
Exactly. At one point, the company cross-trained Imagination CMs to prepare for a pavilion overhaul that didn’t happen.

(The pavilion would’ve remained closed to save money until plans were approved. Nothing was ready to be built.)

Phil12

Don’t get too excited. Over five years ago, Disney spent months asking very specific questions about the Imagination pavilion. Did you visit it? Did it look old? Did you watch Captain EO? Were you already familiar with Figment? Did you know about Dreamfinder?

Sometimes, Disney surveys for plans that never happen.
Sounds to me as if Disney intends to drop both Figment and Dreamfinder into the aquarium so they can be done with them for good. I would suggest that they also consider dumping the CBJ into the aquarium as well.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The pavilion has a popular restaurant and offers extra pay tours, in addition to the gift shop and attraction/exhibits. I don't see them going to the hassle of removing the whole thing and trying to relocate the animals.
Ah, but I can hear the Weatherman now... "We own what??? Dolphins??? What are we -- stinking SeaWorld or something??? Get rid of the dolphins -- I don't want to see a 'Greyfish' documentary about that place!"

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The ride itself was custom developed for TDS. OLC paid for it. It's likely they made it exclusive. I'm sure an insider will chime in and let us know who's wrong.

Edit: Apparently, BatB isn't exclusive, whereas the TDS expansion project in the works largely is (apparently), so it's really 50/50.

Well the ride system for what's now Nemo at TDS was just a re-do of the existing StormRider attraction which opened when the park did. Other than being a super-sized Star Tours style simulator with in-cabin effects, there isn't a ton of things that are unique to it and I don't think it was changed much from when it was Stormrider.

Most of the time their exclusivity has like 10 years (I believe the trackless rides were exclusive for 10 years to Tokyo), so unless there's something special about the Marine Life Institute, I don't believe there's any issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom