New The Living Seas survey

GlacierGlacier

Thank you for sharing this.

To nip rumor-mongers in the bud:

Survey != Certainty

There have been multitudes of surveys on multitudes of topics. Many, including zootopia, DHS names, and more never are seen again. Occasionally some do come to fruition, like the Star Wars Hotel.

While this is interesting, it shouldn't be suprising. With future world west in the state it is in, improvements (or at least research into them) should be expected.

Animaniac93-98

"The offerings at The Seas are mainly for young children"

That being an option is a surprise (a good one) to me.

Certainly means they are thinking of removing the high maintenance seas from the picture. Today or next year I doubt, but it is in the mix.

Let me know when they auction off the marine life. My goldfish died, but I was thinking of upgrading to a dolphin.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Please move this thread if it doesn't belong here.
There's a new survey asking guest about their opinions on The Living Seas.

Could something be coming to The Seas in the near future?

The Seas has quite a few problems, IMO. Did this survey allow takers to choose more than one option?

I got a survey yesterday asking me about the WDW Railway and when I said I didn't ride it the survey asked me why. I am sure they have so many surveys about so many attractions.

Obobru with the scoop: You heard it here first folks!

Is the WDW Railroad looking to close? Perhaps it will only be operational 3-days out of the week? Is this a cost saving measure? Or is this another nefarious scheme to force people to walk? (and meander into shops to make another purchase) Is Disney evil? So many questions!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I wouldn't be at all surprised if some higher ups in Disney wanted to remove the aquarium entirely, I'm sure it's expensive to run properly and IMO the Nemo change made the aquarium a very small part of the overall pavilion, no longer focusing on the actual aquarium unless you go out of your way to look at it. Many guests can simply get on the Nemo ride, get off, go see Turtle Talk maybe and leave.

WDW862

Original Poster
I wouldn't be at all surprised if some higher ups in Disney wanted to remove the aquarium entirely, I'm sure it's expensive to run properly and IMO the Nemo change made the aquarium a very small part of the overall pavilion, no longer focusing on the actual aquarium unless you go out of your way to look at it. Many guests can simply get on the Nemo ride, get off, go see Turtle Talk maybe and leave.

If they have to use IPs, I think they should completey demolish it and rebuild it as the Marine Life Institute.

AJDMB05

One of the potential changes in the ~2003 Project Gemini days (and i'm sure it wasn't further along than blue sky and words on a page) was for The Living Seas to become Under The Sea based around Little Mermaid. Nemo felt very temporary to me, like a cheap overlay of an existing building that was one of many ideas to just get the old ride out of there. I wouldn't be upset if this had a drastic change made.

Stripes

Marine Life Institute is from the Finding Dory movie, not a Tokyo exclusive concept.
The ride itself was custom developed for TDS. OLC paid for it. It's likely they made it exclusive. I'm sure an insider will chime in and let us know who's wrong.

Edit: Apparently, BatB isn't exclusive, whereas the TDS expansion project in the works largely is (apparently), so it's really 50/50.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom