New The Living Seas survey

Clamman73

Currently working on it
8012C695-BE15-41B3-B413-75137B2E41BD.jpeg

mikejs78

Premium Member
To me this seems like a no brainer reimagining of the Pavilion’s Main space and they wouldn’t have to completely redo anything
While they are at it, they could retool the ride to make it about Marine life instead of a finding Nemo book report... They could even keep the last part of the ride with the characters mingling with the real fish....

troo26

Currently working on it
View attachment 326251

Thanks for the update. Was wondering when they’d start replacing the other trims.

The state of the aquarium right now makes me very sad. I spent a lot of time at SeaWorld the past few months & began to compare the two in regards to their aquarium theming & maintenance & SeaWorld wins hands down. No pipes or vents visible in their aquariums, everything is elaborately themed with rockwork & coral, water is crystal clear, nothing looks old or dated. The main tank at the Seas has been showing its age for awhile now & seeing the detail & care SeaWorld puts into their aquariums just makes me wish Disney did the same. The Seas really deserves so much more.

Disorbust

Well if they can recreate "space" using screens at the future restaurant, I can see them making the jump to screens and get rid of the aquarium. Really they already do that with projections of fish, in a fish tank. Is anyone really even noticing the real fish in the tank when they are on the Nemo ride? I just think the cost savings is just to tempting.....

I miss Sea Base Alpha:(

prberk

I would argue that the aquarium isn’t dated. Pretty sure it’s still the worlds largest single tank aquarium and that makes it quite timeless. What can be dated about staring at fish?

Exactly. If anything gets dated, it is the character involvement. If there has to be an IP, use their new association with National Geographic to update the experience and make it an awesome discovery item again. Just walking around the center of that aquarium is wonderful and awe-inspiring.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Seems like it since their was a rumor about six flags being in talks to buy them not too long ago.
Isn't Universal's new property practically right up against Sea World? Wouldn't it make more sense for Uni to looking at that park as a ready to go fourth park once their new one is ready. Go from where they are now to a resort as big if not larger than Disney in under five years.

FigmentJedi

Isn't Universal's new property practically right up against Sea World? Wouldn't it make more sense for Uni to looking at that park as a ready to go fourth park once their new one is ready. Go from where they are now to a resort as big if not larger than Disney in under five years.
Plus they could easily slot Jaws into a rebranded Sea World and use that for character come-back points like they did with Kong at Islands of Adventure. Work a deal that lets them keep the incoming Sesame Street, ask WB for the Happy Feet license for an Antarctica overlay, use Splatoon or Wind Waker as a Nintendo attraction base, and find some way to get Gillman into something and there you go.

TwilightZone

My theory is that the new park was built near seaworld just to get universal an extra edge. Why go to seaworld when universal is right there? Then seaworld dies, and universal has one less park to worry about.

Don't think universal will ever buy seaworld due to it being controversial, but who knows.

tomast

Please move this thread if it doesn't belong here.
There's a new survey asking guest about their opinions on The Living Seas.
Could something be coming to The Seas in the near future?

I went on june aprox and I got a survey asking if I like the ride, if I enjoy the aquarium, wich part, how much time do I spend on those. If I hear any of the CM that where explaining. and many other questions alike

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

It would make more sense for Uni to buy it...but that’s even more reason for Disney to buy it since it’s valuable property and Disney could obtain some assets from it

Not likely of course however

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom