News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlacierGlacier

For years Disney banned outside food. There was a picnic area outside the park they could use. I say go back to it. We do jot permit outside food or drink in any of my restaurants or bars. Same thing
Why should Disney go back to it?

I mean, it's great for them as it allows them to sell more food at high prices.

But I tell you, nothing feels quite as Florida as bringing a PB&J to animal kingdom and eating that for lunch in the RoL seating area while they run tech testing during the daylight.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
These...behemoths! I was sitting in the very open and empty seating at Yak and Yeti counter service. This woman with one of these mobile cribs tries to go around the corner to get to some of the tables which is where I happened to be sitting. I scooted in as close to the table as I could and it wasn't enough for her. She said, "Don't bother getting up." Sarky cow. Why is this my issue, again?

As I read earlier, WDW Guests bring more into Epcot for a few hours than explorers brought on the Oregon Trail.

Mobile Crib!!!! :p (I'm stealing that ya know.)

This is what I think too.

I had two kids of the 80's and 90's they both survived with only the blue and chrome rented Disney Stroller of yesteryear. A small footprint. Pray you are right! I remember the selfie stick didn't appear on the do and don't of WDW rules until the ban date neared. I look forward to May 1st hoping it happens.

My Beef with the Keenz Wagons are if you get clipped by a reasonable stroller it hurts. If you get clipped by a Keenz Wagon with the Canape The impact is midbody and calf/leg area, so you are not tripped you are impacted pushing your whole body in a forward motion where you either regain balance or do a face plant into the concrete. Very different being hit by these 'mobile cribs.'

draybook

We use our strollers responsibly. I side eye check my 9 and 3 to make sure I'm not cutting anyone off. I do my absolute best to stay at least 1 1/2 feet away from the person in front of me. If you're getting banged into by someone with a stroller, it's not us.

To suggest people not bring their kids into the parks until a certain age is asinine at best. My two little ones are going on 3 & 2 and have been going since they were both 6 weeks old. They know every single part of HEA and every bit of each attraction and ride we take them on. Nah, I'll take my kid's memories over your "inconvenience of my strollers being there" any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

ImperfectPixie

This isn't good...

trainplane3

Which is ridiculous. Certified as safe or not, it's still a WAGON.
I would have significantly less issue with the subject if people that used strollers were respectable to those around them. If they were, I could care less what they bring in the park.

And those of you that are kind and aware in the parks with strollers, thank you.

ImperfectPixie

I would have significantly less issue with the subject if people that used strollers were respectable to those around them. If they were, I could care less what they bring in the park.

And those of you that are kind and aware in the parks with strollers, thank you.
The really sad part? When we were using strollers, we brought a one-sits-in-front-one-stands-in-back stroller to the parks. IT WAS AWFUL. We only used it for one day and bought an umbrella stroller in a gift shop for the rest of our trip (at the time, our oldest was more than capable of walking, but it was our first trip with the kids and we were afraid he'd get tired and whiny). These people have no idea how much more fun and less stress they would have in their trip if they left these monstrosities at home.

And you're very welcome. ;)

eliza61nyc

Actually that is brilliant. seriously, it's a brilliant marketing tool. Parents are going to bring their little ones to the Parks, and they are going to need strollers. LOL, heck if I was the owner I'd be running a tv campaign "Our strollers come with a money back guarantee" if you ever have an issue at WDW or DL.

eliza61nyc

. These people have no idea how much more fun and less stress they would have in their trip if they left these monstrosities at home.

And you're very welcome. ;)
;)

Truthfully, that's what happened to us. the first year we didn't do the strollers OMG a whole new world. now we definitely had to take more breaks and had to carry them a time or two but it was just a lot easier.

one of the problems unfortunately goes back to the cost of the vacation, for the one and done or the family that only comes once or twice, they aren't trying to go "slow" or go back to the resort for down time. they are trying to squeeze in every ounce of park time humanly possible and that means bringing in every thing they think they will ever need and then some.

ImperfectPixie

Actually that is brilliant. seriously, it's a brilliant marketing tool. Parents are going to bring their little ones to the Parks, and they are going to need strollers. LOL, heck if I was the owner I'd be running a tv campaign "Our strollers come with a money back guarantee" if you ever have an issue at WDW or DL.
I love the part where the letter states that the person they spoke with was NOT authorized to speak on the matter.

ImperfectPixie

;)

Truthfully, that's what happened to us. the first year we didn't do the strollers OMG a whole new world. now we definitely had to take more breaks and had to carry them a time or two but it was just a lot easier.

one of the problems unfortunately goes back to the cost of the vacation, for the one and done or the family that only comes once or twice, they aren't trying to go "slow" or go back to the resort for down time. they are trying to squeeze in every ounce of park time humanly possible and that means bringing in every thing they think they will ever need and then some.
That was basically us our first trip with kids on the first day (they were 2 1/2 and 7). Lesson hard learned, and the rest of that trip we brought less and less to the parks each day. Next trip (they were 4 1/2 and 9), we brought even less than the first, third trip with the kiddos (5 and 10), barely anything (just a small bag for me). They're now 8 and 13 and if they want to bring things to the parks, they carry them.

carolina_yankee

how about: don't bring toddlers? Wait until they're old enough to really appreciate everything and can walk on their own...the way we did things back in the day.

Problem is, families with toddlers also can be families with older kids. There's a ten year gap between my brother and me.

You may be on to something, though. My first Disney visit was to Disneyland when I was two. We have a picture of me in a stroller in front of the firehouse. I actually have a vague memory of that moment, looking up at a CM in an old-fashioned fire hat.

Unfortunately, after that stroller visit, I turned to a life of Disney crime:
  • I attend festivals at Epcot and drink a glass of wine.
  • I look forward to upcharge parties and have spent ridiculous amounts of money on fireworks viewing
  • I became a DVC member
  • I find the Frozen ride in Epcot to be a pleasant experience.
  • I appreciate being able to get a FP for an evening ride on FoP so I don't have to get to the park at rope drop or wait in a 17 hour line
  • I'm very curious about Guardians of the Galaxy
  • I used a scooter from an off-site company one Christmas Week visit after wrecking my knee from slipping on the ice right before our trip.
It's possible none of that would have happened if my parents had waited until I could walk!

But let me be clear, I'm extremely disappointed in JIYWF and I have never, NEVER, NEVER used the dining plan.

So, we stroller-starters can't be all bad. :)

Dirk

Last edited:

carolina_yankee

Great news. Next they need to get the mobility scooter situation under control. That in itself is definitely a safety hazard lol.

Oh, I forgot to add that to my list of Disney's crimes. I used a scooter one year - over Christmas week - after slipping on the ice and wrecking my knee right before the trip. I'm sure my knee would have been stronger if my folks had me walk instead of using a stroller!

In all seriousness, I'm glad Disney is cracking down. It's one thing to use a stroller. It's another thing to move in with a stroller equivalent of a Winnebago.

Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom