News New Stroller Size/Wagon Rules and Enforcement - Effective May 1 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicLovingMom

Grade school kids don't belong in strollers unless medically necessary. There was no speculation. I was there for SW runs as well. Hope you had a great time.
Besides the crazy start to the 5K, which didn’t bother my daughter thankfully, it was great. Beautiful weather for the 10K and 1/2. I love running the parks!

Attachments

• BBC180B0-86E0-4108-B219-E9E2E61A6512.jpeg
    BBC180B0-86E0-4108-B219-E9E2E61A6512.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 210

MagicLovingMom

I don't let either of my sons use their autism as an excuse for anything. That same 8-year-old I mentioned has a moderate speech delay, but you can bet your bottom dollar that he knows to say please and thank you even though his teachers wanted me to lighten up on enforcing manners when he was really struggling to be understood. I recognize where my sons have difficulties (like indoor shows - the quality and volume of the sounds are just too much for them, so we're avoiding them for the time being; and food - I swear, considering that I'll eat literally just about anything, how I ended up with 2 ridiculously picky eaters is beyond me, but as they get older, they're willing to try more things; or doing things the same way EVERY TIME; or blurting whatever pops into their
I don't think Disney makes it hard for young people. It's true that wagons are banned; if the 6 and 7 year olds don't fit in strollers and won't walk, that's a problem - but not one Disney has created. I guess you need to either find another destination based on how much they are willing to walk or rent adult-sized wheelchairs for them.
Well it won’t stop my kids from going. Already planning our next family trip but I think it will be awhile before we have another trip with my in-laws (sorry, not sorry ;) haha)

Tanna Eros

My sister had one of those modern models. It was like toting a full compliment of luggage on a trolley through an airport.

My aunt thought her umbrella stroller was too much. We were getting on the bus with it, and as our campsite was right by the bus stop, and she couldn't fold it up- it had done hard time with three kids previously, she then threw it like Godzilla onto our camp ground.
We passed around the kid all day, there were 7 people twelve and up to take turns.
I got decommissioned because of my tendency to wander off, with my cousin on my hip, but she and I definitely saw more characters.

DeletedAccount55555

Great article from the Sentinel today talking about the congestion created by the greater prevalence of strollers and scooters in WDW. Very balanced take on a touchy subject. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/tourism/os-bz-disney-scooters-lawsuits-20190417-story.html

I think the strollers are the greater congestion problem and one that Disney can take some steps to mitigate, like banning the wagons. But the Sentinel article makes a great point that gets lost in the noise: There's only so much Disney can legally do if there are people determined enough to avoid walking that they'll get a scooter or stroller when they don't absolutely need one.

Disclaimer: Notice how nowhere in this post did I say something ridiculous about strollers being banned, children not coming to WDW, or me assuming a person's level of disability just by their physical appearance? Keep that in mind before you jump down my throat.

ImperfectPixie

Great article from the Sentinel today talking about the congestion created by the greater prevalence of strollers and scooters in WDW. Very balanced take on a touchy subject. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/tourism/os-bz-disney-scooters-lawsuits-20190417-story.html

I think the strollers are the greater congestion problem and one that Disney can take some steps to mitigate, like banning the wagons. But the Sentinel article makes a great point that gets lost in the noise: There's only so much Disney can legally do if there are people determined enough to avoid walking that they'll get a scooter or stroller when they don't absolutely need one.

Disclaimer: Notice how nowhere in this post did I say something ridiculous about strollers being banned, children not coming to WDW, or me assuming a person's level of disability just by their physical appearance? Keep that in mind before you jump down my throat.
I don't suppose you can copy/paste text for those of us who have already read our article max? Pretty please? :)

trainplane3

I don't suppose you can copy/paste text for those of us who have already read our article max? Pretty please? :)
FYI, Incognito mode in Chrome/Private Browsing in Firefox or clearing cookies will reset the counter. Poor enforcement of a counter. A local news group logs IP so the parents usually run out the views before I even get to the site. Luckily there's a wonderful thing called VPN.
Also, this is what our EU friends see:

Lensman

FYI, Incognito mode in Chrome/Private Browsing in Firefox or clearing cookies will reset the counter. Poor enforcement of a counter. A local news group logs IP so the parents usually run out the views before I even get to the site. Luckily there's a wonderful thing called VPN.
View attachment 365362
Are our EU friends allowed to use free online proxy services? Perhaps even the simple ones where you enter a URL?

trainplane3

Are our EU friends allowed to use free online proxy services? Perhaps even the simple ones where you enter a URL?
No idea. I remember seeing some weird law stuff about VPNs and EU going on. I know the UK will have to prove their age by entering a combination of personal info to access adult sites and I thought there was some VPN related stuff pushed through with that. You know, instead of saying "Why yes, I'm an American and would like to access this fine database of content" and clicking "I'm 18".

Not my area of expertise.

Last edited:

Driver

Maybe we're just lucky but we've never had bad experiences with these Keenz wagons. As a matter of fact, we've probably only seen 4 or 5 over the past year in 3 or 4 trips. I did spot one of those ridiculous Cinderella coach things at Small World a couple of weeks ago. That thing was absurd. Nothing more than, "hey, look at me"!
They are here on a daily bases, but then again so am I, so my chances of seeing them are greater.

ImperfectPixie

View attachment 365362
HAHAHA...thanks. I always seem to forget about incognito!

draybook

They are here on a daily bases, but then again so am I, so my chances of seeing them are greater.

Yeah, very limited exposure for us compared to some. We've only been in the parks for about 15 days so far this year. I think we've seen 2 of them this year between two trips.

Ismael Flores

Maybe we're just lucky but we've never had bad experiences with these Keenz wagons. As a matter of fact, we've probably only seen 4 or 5 over the past year in 3 or 4 trips. I did spot one of those ridiculous Cinderella coach things at Small World a couple of weeks ago. That thing was absurd. Nothing more than, "hey, look at me"!

At the Anaheim parks they seem to be showing up more and more. I have seen them with no children in them but instead bags with must be food and other items. As soon as we see one we move to a different security lane because they back up the lines quite a bit. They seem to have been labeled a security risk as well since they take much longer to properly check

Tanna Eros

At the Anaheim parks they seem to be showing up more and more. I have seen them with no children in them but instead bags with must be food and other items. As soon as we see one we move to a different security lane because they back up the lines quite a bit. They seem to have been labeled a security risk as well since they take much longer to properly check
What are they? Travelers? Why would they need all that stuff, they aren't setting up base camp at the castle.

Ismael Flores

What are they? Travelers? Why would they need all that stuff, they aren't setting up base camp at the castle.

Who knows i try to avoid them when at park, i got hit by one of them already and i wasn't even moving but instead sitting on a bench across from Carthay. I was sitting minding my own business waiting for my dinner reservation when next thing i feel is a wagon being pushed against my legs. Lady was busy looking at her phone and never once looked up to apologize instead just pushed through and and then hit a girl that was walking next to her family.

I can tell you that it doesn't feel good to be hit by those things and i can only imagine what the little girl felt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom