New Storm After Gustav?

kverdon

Original Poster
Hi All,

Been following Gustav as we are scheduled to fly in to WDW on Monday. Gustav does not worry me so much as the storm forming up behind it. :lookaroun The NHC has it labeled TD8 (area 1 on the map below) and now gives it a "High" probablility of forming into a storm. If it does its track seems to put it on a possible collision corse with Florida. GO AWAY!!!!!:mad:

you can see it on this map:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml

Kevin and Mona

SeaBreeze

I've been keeping an eye on that system as well since I have a feeling it would come say hello to Florida the day I am scheduled to take my PhD qualifying exam. As if that's not stressful enough as it is:fork: It's officially TD 8 and it's heading toward more favorable conditions so I expect it to become Hannah soon.

n658056201_1251650_1618.jpg

danpam1024

TD8 or soon to be "Hannah" doesn't look too good, even if it doesn't reach hurricane strength. I think "Fay" taught us that. We don't need any more rain!!!!! I pray for those in "Gustav's" path...he looks mean :fork: Hope for wind shear!!!!!!

I have been following Gustav, because we live in the New Orleans area. Hanna is not expected to bother anyone. One of the sites I read said as of now the higs and lows will be making it turn around and it will never make land fall.

Hopefully, that's what happens with Hanna.

kverdon

Original Poster
Well Tropical Storm Hannah looks like it is scheduled to head towards Fla on Tues. If it keeps on this track it would hit Thrus - Sat I would think. This is a MAJOR bummer as we arrive this coming Mon.:fork: I don't know whether we will cancel or not?:shrug:

Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club may get a chance to live up to its name!

Kevin and Mona

Cinderellylove

Oh no!

Yeap, been watching myself. IM new here by the way...HI!
We are to arrive Sept. 6th. NOW Im nervous. Followed Fay all the way through, not so worried about gustov. BUT HANNAH! Please dont come!
its our wedding anniversary as well as my in laws 30th! Any one have any updates?:veryconfu:confused::brick::dazzle::(

SeaBreeze

We are to arrive Sept. 6th. NOW Im nervous. Followed Fay all the way through, not so worried about gustov. BUT HANNAH! Please dont come!
its our wedding anniversary as well as my in laws 30th! Any one have any updates?:veryconfu:confused::brick::dazzle::(

Welcome :wave: Don't worry about Hanna too much now. She's too far out there for anyone to have a really good idea what will happen. Just bookmark the NHC website and check the advisories/cones when you're at a computer. And don't watch the news!! They love to sensationalize these things and make people worry more than necessary so it'll do your nerves a lot of good to just check the NHC regularly and see what's going on :)

...and I'm sending evil thoughts her way, if that helps. I do NOT need her messing with me the day I take a four hour exam

Yellow Shoes

I'm also worried about the well-formed tropical wave just off the coast of Africa.

It's got over a thousand miles of warm ocean to travel over before it gets to the Caribbean.

We're flying in Sept 9

Wilt Dasney

We don't need any more rain!!!!!
We'll take all we can get here outside Atlanta, so just send Hannah this way as a TD, TS or maybe even a Cat. 1. (Plenty of land between here and the coast, but don't want her doing too much damage en route.) Fay was more than welcome in my neighborhood early this week. :lol:

Menpell

We arrive the 6th as well. We have my sister in law and her family with us and they haven't been to disney in 10 years. So we're praying for decent weather. I have been glued to the TV and computer and it seems as of right now its going to head south, but we have a few days ahead of us and that could all change. But as is stands right now, it may head south. I am going to pull away from the computer and TV for awhile and start packing......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom