New Steamboat Willie LEGO set coming

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

MrMcDuck

Just got the e-mail about it. Looks amazing!

From the description:

• The iconic Steamboat Willie boat features a black-and-white color scheme, hidden wheels, moving steam pipes, rotating paddle wheels, adjustable crane and assorted elements including the ‘S.S. Willie’ boat name sign, ‘1928’ year sign and a ‘potato bin’.
  • The boat’s bridge has space for a minifigure, a brick-built bell and assorted elements including the ship’s wheel and life buoy.
  • The 2 steam pipes move up and down and the 2 paddle wheels rotate when the boat is pushed along.
  • Accessory elements include Minnie Mouse’s guitar and music sheet.
  • This LEGO® Ideas creative toy building set comes with a booklet with building instructions, fun facts about the historic 1928 animated Disney short film ‘Steamboat Willie’, and information about this awesome retro set’s fan creator and LEGO designers.

Very cool.

Last edited:

kurtk

I am thinking of getting it as well. We already have Cinderella's Castle and wish they would make another Disney icon.

Spaceship Earth??

Please!!!

flynnibus

Premium Member
How long will it be sold for?

Depends on demand.. but typically these sets are produced and sold so they are in retail for 6-12months and that's about it. High demand sets sell out and then it's a question of if Lego does another run. But they are not persistent by any means. Could sell out initial inventories... but I don't see this as some impossible to get set.

trainplane3

Depends on demand.. but typically these sets are produced and sold so they are in retail for 6-12months and that's about it. High demand sets sell out and then it's a question of if Lego does another run. But they are not persistent by any means. Could sell out initial inventories... but I don't see this as some impossible to get set.
This.
If the Saturn V is a good example of high demand Ideas set, then this will be around for at least a year. That thing sold out for about a solid month but after that, it was easy to find. The Tron Ideas set is selling alright and it's easy to find as well.

Basically, no one should panic. If you miss the initial release, then wait a month and don't pay eBay scalpers. There'll be more.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ghostbusters and TRON are probably good analogs.. smaller sets at cheaper prices that were licensed but still kind of specific focused.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm a lego fan.. and have a huge investment in lego.. and I'm passing on this set.

It's just not that compelling.. tho mickey minifigs are neat

TheHodge

There is still a D2C set the price of the Disney castle due for release later in the year.. the rumor is haunted mansion

MrMcDuck

Series 2 looks amazing. Scrooge and the boys? Edna? Chip and Dale? Heck ya!

The Hades 100% matches a leaked image from a few months ago. Around the same time, word was spreading from the same sources about a large (almost 3000 pieces) Haunted Mansion set, so hopefully that one turns out to be true as well. Only thing that makes me a little hesitant is that there was no image to go with that rumor, but we do know that a significant D2C Disney set is coming later this year, so it's just a matter of which building will be getting the LEGO treatment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom