New Star Wars Trilogy

erasure fan1

It was all but officially announced, but we pretty much knew the old republic was where Benioff and Weiss were going. My only issue with this plan is the 300 to 400 yrs part. That would give us teenage Yoda, and I'm not super keen on that. I would prefer they go back around 1000yrs so we have no ties to the originals. I will amend this sentiment if this is what Feige is working on and Favreau is part of. Then I'm all in.

Cosmic Commando

I either want to go really far forward, or really far back. Far enough that it's a blank slate. Going back seems to be the default; there's been the prequels, multiple Star Trek projects, origin stories for various characters in pop culture, etc. Going really, really far back could basically be starting fresh, but I don't need more of the wink-and-nod of knowing how certain story elements would turn out (like if they did the formation of the Jedi... I think it will catch on!). It's been done.

Go forward a few hundred years, push the technology and the design forward, tell new stories.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
It was all but officially announced, but we pretty much knew the old republic was where Benioff and Weiss were going. My only issue with this plan is the 300 to 400 yrs part. That would give us teenage Yoda, and I'm not super keen on that. I would prefer they go back around 1000yrs so we have no ties to the originals. I will amend this sentiment if this is what Feige is working on and Favreau is part of. Then I'm all in.
I agree I want the new trilogy to be 1,000 years before the phantom menace and delve deep into the old republic and the jedi and sith war. They should have all new characters to introduce including Darth Bane and Darth Revan.

erasure fan1

I agree I want the new trilogy to be 1,000 years before the phantom menace and delve deep into the old republic and the jedi and sith war. They should have all new characters to introduce including Darth Bane and Darth Revan.
The old republic makes so much sense in my eyes. It would really be the best opportunity for Disney to establish a connected universe that doesn't worry about stepping on existing canon. And unlike what chuckle head Kennedy says, they can pull the best things from legends, like the mcu does. Heck, go get Drew Karpyshyn who was a writer on the game and the Revan/Bane novels to consult. I'm sure he still has plenty of ideas. The story of the first knights of the old republic is still my favorite star wars story outside of the original trilogy.

tk924

The old republic makes so much sense in my eyes. It would really be the best opportunity for Disney to establish a connected universe that doesn't worry about stepping on existing canon. And unlike what chuckle head Kennedy says, they can pull the best things from legends, like the mcu does. Heck, go get Drew Karpyshyn who was a writer on the game and the Revan/Bane novels to consult. I'm sure he still has plenty of ideas. The story of the first knights of the old republic is still my favorite star wars story outside of the original trilogy.
Makes perfect sense. Which is why they will never do it.

tk924

Here's a great article for anyone who may be interested titled "Where do we go from here?"

For me, the only way Star Wars will thrive is to stick with what worked before Disney purchased LFL.
Rogue One and The Mandalorian (so far) have shown that they are capable.
You have to have people that know and love the history of Star Wars (Favreau / Filoni). That care to respect that history. Have a good, cohesive story with good characters that people become emotionally attached to. And leave out the identity politics. There is plenty of that in today's commercials and on most news networks. Maybe someday soon someone high enough up the ladder will look down and see what has worked and what has not. That time has come. I hope they can, and want, to see it.

RandySavage

Would people hate or love this crossover (now that Disney owns Fox):
1-117.jpg

Some concept artists have been drawing it for years... I'd be down.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I was thinking the other day we cant have the sith be the villains. The Jedi believed they were extinct and the Sith were in hiding. So we need a new villain. How about Disney add Prince Xizor from the EU to canon. Hes the leader of the criminal organization called Black Sun. Hes awesome! What if hes searching for a sith holocron that belonged to Darth Bane and wants it but the Jedi are after it as well. Here's Prince
Xizor's picture. What do you guys think of my idea?
1581280729049.png

Attachments

• 1581280696986.png
    1581280696986.png
    290.2 KB · Views: 43

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom