New Star Wars store coming to the Marketplace at Disney Springs

Megatronus

I agree that Launch Bay has a better selection of one off type stuff. But I don't see the marketplace store being that sort of thing. It mainly just a new stuff home for what was inside once upon a toy.
Also if I'm paying theme park admission I expect better more unique Disney stores compared to marketplace. A lot of the stuff inside the parks should not be available outside in my opinion. For example in Momento Mori in Magic Kingdom there is some Haunted Mansion stuff that can't be found elsewhere.

Very true on park admission and better merch. That's a very good point that didn't cross my mind at the time. At the same time, though, Disney Springs is becoming as much a unique experience as the parks. While there isn't an entry fee, they could try to make the store something unique enough to set itself apart from anywhere else that sells SW gear.

There's over a 150 locations at Disney Springs, I think the world will keep spinning with this location. I mean, if they can have four locations that sell just sunglasses, I think a Star Wars store in Marketplace will be fine.

Wait...do they really have 4 locations for sunglasses? LOL. I've never noticed. Still, I wonder if they will keep The Galactic Outpost or if that will be consolidated with the Once Upon A Toy merch, leaving the GO spot for something new. Like maybe a 5th sunglasses store! JK on that last one...

Bolt

Very true on park admission and better merch. That's a very good point that didn't cross my mind at the time. At the same time, though, Disney Springs is becoming as much a unique experience as the parks. While there isn't an entry fee, they could try to make the store something unique enough to set itself apart from anywhere else that sells SW gear.

Wait...do they really have 4 locations for sunglasses? LOL. I've never noticed. Still, I wonder if they will keep The Galactic Outpost or if that will be consolidated with the Once Upon A Toy merch, leaving the GO spot for something new. Like maybe a 5th sunglasses store! JK on that last one...
Or maybe they move it to Marketplace to bring more traffic down that way since they moved the bus stop.

YodaMan

If the NEW store sells black series 6 inch figures I will be happy. I still need wave 2 of the 40th anniversary releases. The galactic outpost is extremely lacking. Do we need an entire wall of non moving foot-base figures that nobody ever buys?

I think Launch Bay Cargo is the only store selling Black Series at the moment. All the red-box figures that sat forever got shipped to the outlets where they still aren't selling.

Spectro

When will this open ? We are staying at ssr in September - I could send hubby there for an hour while I hit dockside margaritas :cool: he's nuts about Star Wars

Cmdr_Crimson

What's even worse is how much of this Star Wars merch will be moved later on and literally taking over the Character Warehouse outlet due to overstock on this crud..

Megatronus

Yeesh, that looks terrible. Low-energy. Sad!

Low energy is the perfect description. No effort was made here, it seems. Under whelming. I thought they were going to take at least a few weeks to alter the appearance more.

craftsman arch. and star wars go together like Oil and Water...

Thinking of redecorating my home in this style, actually. Kidding, of course. Could not agree more with you.

Oh no...Now where am I going to find that same designed BB-8 Keychain that's throughout the entire WDW Resort...:rolleyes:

Ah, yes, but this store will have the limited edition version where BB-8 is looking left, rather than right. I kid again.

As a Star Wars fan, I really wanted this store to be something different. Imagine my disappointment.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Low energy is the perfect description. No effort was made here, it seems. Under whelming. I thought they were going to take at least a few weeks to alter the appearance more.

Thinking of redecorating my home in this style, actually. Kidding, of course. Could not agree more with you.

Ah, yes, but this store will have the limited edition version where BB-8 is looking left, rather than right. I kid again.

As a Star Wars fan, I really wanted this store to be something different. Imagine my disappointment.
All the best merch is at Launch Bay anyways.

KBLovedDisney

I think they got a bit lazy here honestly, almost like they said, 'Oh just put the logo of Star Wars everywhere. No one will notice the flooring/lighting/paint job.'

Jon81uk

It looks like what it is. A quick fix to clear out of Once Upon a Toy so the new VR experience could be built. It's about as well themed as the Star Wars parts of Once Upon a Toy were. Hopefully later on they can theme properly another time. But then there is a nicer themed west side store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom