New 'Star Wars' Movie in the Works With 'Sleight' Filmmaker

Darkprime

Original Poster

So I wonder if this is the 2022 movie or something else? Apparently theyre debating this being a Disney+ release.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wonder what the chance of this actually getting made will be.
I'm going to say slim to none. Especially now with the ceo change.

zomg! The conspiracies have got to stop.

Iger is still in charge. Especially of creative. So, if this was arranged under Iger, it still will be.

Are you two now thinking that every single project in development under Pixar, Marvel, Disney Animation, Disney Studios, 20th Century, and D+ are all also on the chopping block?

Take a breath.

erasure fan1

zomg! The conspiracies have got to stop.

Iger is still in charge. Especially of creative. So, if this was arranged under Iger, it still will be.

Are you two now thinking that every single project in development under Pixar, Marvel, Disney Animation, Disney Studios, 20th Century, and D+ are all also on the chopping block?

Take a breath.
No, Star wars is in flux as it is, outside of the Mandalorian. And since all but 3 star wars projects have been troubled, with a new ceo it's not hard to imagine a scenario where they wipe the slate clean. It's not a "conspiracy theory", it's common sense. You have a lame duck president in Kennedy, no clear plan forward with the films, and a divided fan base... What part of staying the course makes sense to you then? Because I see a perfect opportunity for Chapek to start fresh.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No, Star wars is in flux as it is, outside of the Mandalorian. And since all but 3 star wars projects have been troubled, with a new ceo it's not hard to imagine a scenario where they wipe the slate clean. It's not a "conspiracy theory", it's common sense. You have a lame duck president in Kennedy, no clear plan forward with the films, and a divided fan base... What part of staying the course makes sense to you then? Because I see a perfect opportunity for Chapek to start fresh.

And Chapek in the conference call said he's going to defer to Iger for such decisions while he's being mentored.

A "new course" is just wishful thinking.

erasure fan1

And Chapek in the conference call said he's going to defer to Iger for such decisions while he's being mentored.

A "new course" is just wishful thinking.
I guess we'll see. But Iger has already slammed the brakes on star wars, while stepping on Kennedy. Iger has already laid groundwork for a new course. So if Chapek defers to Iger about it, as spock would say, its logical to make a change now.

Jedijax719

All these people we never knew were going to direct a SW movie suddenly are not. It's like YOU GET A STAR WARS MOVIE, YOU GET A STAR WARS MOVIE, EVERYONE GETS A STAR WARS MOVIE!!

747b388abf806eace4febf55841285da

Phroobar

All these people we never knew were going to direct a SW movie suddenly are not. It's like YOU GET A STAR WARS MOVIE, YOU GET A STAR WARS MOVIE, EVERYONE GETS A STAR WARS MOVIE!!

747b388abf806eace4febf55841285da
And not one of them was qualified to do it. What exactly do any of these film students know about Star Wars?

Phroobar

Well, who is? Spielberg? He's the only one I'd trust. Well, that and Filoni and Favreau.
I'd trust Spielberg because he watched the original trilogy get made and is buddies with Lucas. Filoni has proven himself for tv and animation but I don't know if he can handle a block buster. It is a different thing and more pressure.

Where do they get these random people that we are suppose to get excited about?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Someone who has a history of directing large mainstream movies with large budgets. TV shows, documentaries, Indie films don't count.
Back in the day, you know back before the internet, audiences and fans alike never cared who directed a movie, tv show, telethon, or whatever. Back then it was only the film critics that cared. Its only been since fan boards like this got into the picture that the "superstar" director was pushed for by fans. The problem with that is with "superstar" director comes a "superstar" paycheck and a "superstar" ego which causes the bloated budgets and potential conflicts with the studios over vision of the content.

General audiences still really don't care at the end of the day.

erasure fan1

The directors aren't the issue with Disney star wars. The issue is Disney management. Kennedy has no real vision and Chapek doesn't care. I'd say it's more important to have someone like Favreau who has a love for the franchise. But then Tony Gilroy made the best of the Disney star wars, and he doesn't give a clam about star wars. It doesn't matter who they get to make a movie. They have no plan and can't make up their mind as to what they want to do. Until you fix that, you have nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom