New Star Wars live stage show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios this Spring

mm52200

Okay so the Captain Phasma Stormtrooper processional is pretty cool and a really nice bit of atmosphere entertainment that I can see working really in the Star Wars Land once it's complete. But the actual stage show itself is just really bad. It's just disappointing cause we've seen them create good Star Wars entertainment before for SWW. I don't know who approved this but hopefully the show gets a big overhaul.
I was really excited about there finally being a new semi-permanent stage show back in the hub again and was excited for some new entertainment to come to the park....but this is horrible.

Baloo62

I just watched this with my two sons (11 and 13) who eat, sleep and breath Star Wars. They practically own every Lego Star Wars set that was ever made. They loved meeting Chewbacca and Kylo Ren a few weeks ago. But when the video ended they both said, "Is that it?" simultaneously. Pretty much sums it up. Maybe Diz is saving the REALLY good version for those willing to cough up an extra $150 to watch it in one of the old cheer competition tents.

Luxe

"The new show will play out iconic moments from the film saga on Center Stage (in front of the Chinese Theater), and will feature appearances from Star Wars characters like Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Darth Maul."

Quoted from the Disney Parks Blog back in Feb. I didn't realize they meant "play out" in the most literal sense...

At least they delivered on the appearances part. :hilarious:

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
I love Star Wars, I love Disney, I love the partnership, I'm okay with ramming Star Wars down people's throats (ok maybe not ramming, but it is possibly the biggest fan base besides Disney so give credit where credit is due) but Star Wars means as much to some of as Disney does. I was expecting at least Star Wars weekend level, if not any of the castle shows. :(

CJLove79

I saw the video clip and it is underwhelming but I'm confident that Disney will add more to it, especially once they read the feedback from people like us. But at the end of the day, for me personally, its Star Wars and I can't wait to see this show & the processional before it this coming November.

Next Big Thing

I saw the video clip and it is underwhelming but I'm confident that Disney will add more to it, especially once they read the feedback from people like us.
Or if Stitches Supersonic Celebration is any indication, it could have a pretty short run...

Of course, DHS needs all the capacity it can get right now, so i'm inclined to believe they'll let this turd play at least through the summer.

WDWLover#1

I assume no Star Wars stuff will be happening outside of the 'land' when it's finally built. I hope this is the case. I think it would have been better if they kept the Captain Phasma walk (cos that was the coolest bit) and the stormtrooper sequence, but instead have sort of like a jedi train academy but with Phasma. Then Kylo Ren could come out and say "great work blah blah dark side rules blah blah" and then they get an incoming alert that rebels are approaching and they leave. Thats when the good guys come out say hello and exit. That's still using what they've got already, just sorta making a story out of it. Can it be that hard?

LSUxStitch

As a non-Star Wars fan, this is just terrible. I'm hoping this is not the way of things to come for this park, fanboyisms will not be enough to carry it. A show like this will have hardly anyone near it after a few months.

Mike K

I just got off chat with a cast member inquiring about start dates for "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular" and she informed me it debuts today. I had her confirm that this was a firework show and not the parade that also debuted today. I'm not very confident on her information but, just in case, has anyone else heard this too?

FigmentJedi

Say what you will about Frozen, but even that Olaf show had more actual creativity and effort put into it than this.

This is truly a Supersonic Celebration/Legend of Jack Sparrow-level of bad.
That's unfair, at least Supersonic Celebration made an attempt to try being entertaining and they actually shot new material for Dora the Pirate Explorer.

The only thing setting this apart from the indoor clip show is the occasional live characters striking a pose in front of the screen for 10 seconds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom