New Star Wars Fireworks Show - 'Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular'

Rteetz

Anyone know what's happening on February 20 and February 23 that has the park closing at 7 PM and no performances of the fireworks those nights? Also just a heads up that March times have been posted as well.
Park is rented out for corporate parties I believe.

Next Big Thing

Does anyone know if the fireworks will be moved to the center when they are done with Star wars land and Toy story land.

That would be on top of a road, so no.
As stated above the location can't move to be anymore center, however, the opening of TSL and SWL will at least provide other areas to see the fireworks from. TSL will prob be the best alternate location (not watching from in front of Chinese Theatre)

righttrack

I finally caught this on my most recent trip. The family wanted another park that night. I boarded the transportation, getting to the park 15 minutes before closing time. I wasn't alone. The bus driver looked like we were nuts. I got there, found a place to stand and wow. I cried. It was beautiful. Something I have waited my whole life for.

EvilChameleon

Question, why did they do this show on NYE instead of another Mulch, Sweat, And Shears or whatever they were called show? Those were awesome.

JohnD

I finally caught this on my most recent trip. The family wanted another park that night. I boarded the transportation, getting to the park 15 minutes before closing time. I wasn't alone. The bus driver looked like we were nuts. I got there, found a place to stand and wow. I cried. It was beautiful. Something I have waited my whole life for.

I've heard you can also get great views of the fireworks (without projections or music) from the Discovery Island-Africa bridge (seeing them come up behind Everest) in AK or the bridge from the U.K. to France (seeing them come up behind the Eiffel Tower) in Epcot.

YodaMan

Question, why did they do this show on NYE instead of another Mulch, Sweat, And Shears or whatever they were called show? Those were awesome.

The park has no capacity anymore. They didn't want people to pick Studios over Epcot or MK. But they had to offer something for when the other 2 inevitably hit capacity. They did the same thing on the 4th of July.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I've heard you can also get great views of the fireworks (without projections or music) from the Discovery Island-Africa bridge (seeing them come up behind Everest) in AK or the bridge from the U.K. to France (seeing them come up behind the Eiffel Tower) in Epcot.
I can confirm the bridge from U.K. To France. Got lucky and saw them there in October.

rdkargol

I'm only seeing that "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular" only shows up as going through March. Does anyone think it will continue at lease through May?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, August 22. Following the closure of The Great Movie Ride and the removal of the signage, these construction scrims have been mounted on the theatre building which provide a better surface for the projections during the fireworks shows.

IMG_9978.JPG

spectromagic04

Okay does anyone know why over the past 2 weeks they’ve cut all the fire and the high pyro from the show? They just added back the pyro after Galatic Nights now it’s back to having no high pyro and now there’s no fire.

DisneyInsider101

Okay does anyone know why over the past 2 weeks they’ve cut all the fire and the high pyro from the show? They just added back the pyro after Galatic Nights now it’s back to having no high pyro and now there’s no fire.
I would think it's Weather related but I could be wrong, The dragon in festival of fantasy also doesn't breath fire on cold days.

jrhwdw

I would think it's Weather related but I could be wrong, The dragon in festival of fantasy also doesn't breath fire on cold days.
If it is weather related, they should label it as an alternate version, like what TDR does. Same with ROL if it keeps having big issues So we all know that WDW isn't losing it! Thank God they haven't touched HEA! If they do.. Something needs to change!!!!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom