wdwfan22

The view from Hollywood Blvd pic taken from twitter

Attachments

• hub.png
    hub.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 239

Captain Hank

The view from Hollywood Blvd pic taken from twitter
I happened to watch the show from almost exactly that location. While I found the individual elements of the show fantastic, the unfortunate angle of the fireworks was a real detriment to enjoying the show from Hollywood Blvd. I certainly know for next time, but that cuts down on good viewing space in an already-cramped park.

PanInFlight

Expect some adjustments coming very soon and hopefully tomorrow some will be working and fixed. First there was an issue t at the launch site tonight that prevented some pyro from being launched, and second the fire on top of the GMR should be in the show in the next day or two. But even with those little little things missing it was a great show and a major upgrade for the studios!

Jwhee

Here are my "let's be real" thoughts-

This show ruins what made all DHS firework shows so awesome. They removed the amazing line of rooftop launches... WHY? And the fireworks off to the side kills it for anyone not watching in the hub. It ruins the amazing view that was offered across the lake.

This is a wannabe Disneyland Forever. What holds it back is you can't watch it from anywhere except the hub, and that the fireworks are awful (in a park that once offered the best fireworks). Guest relations will hopefully get tons of complaints from guests who waited on Hollywood Blvd just to see nothing.

The projections are very nice and crisp and make up 90% of the show.

Don't get me started on how they ruined the finale... So weak now compared to the old Symphony & uses the same soundtrack.

This is essentially a more expensive version of Universal's Cinematic Spectacular (projection show with fireworks only viewable from certain locations)

makesmewonder

I saw the first videos... First of all, is it so difficult for Disney World to synchronize their fireworks with the music they're playing ??? I have the same issue with Wishes. It's like you just have the soundtrack, and some random fireworks apart in the sky . It's so weird. I thought they understood this when they launched the first version of Star Wars fireworks. They were so powerful and spectacular,with a great synchronization.

My expectations were high for this new show, but I'm disappointed. For me it's just a DVD compilation with few far...far away fireworks.

Bolt

I saw the first videos... First of all, is it so difficult for Disney World to synchronize their fireworks with the music they're playing ??? I have the same issue with Wishes. It's like you just have the soundtrack, and some random fireworks apart in the sky . It's so weird. I thought they understood this when they launched the first version of Star Wars fireworks. They were so powerful and spectacular,with a great synchronization.

My expectations were high for this new show, but I'm disappointed. For me it's just a DVD compilation with few far...far away fireworks.
See it in person. The videos didn't really show a lot of things. Like, all the trees around Brown Derby have LED lights in them that are synced to the show. There is a lot of rooftop pyro on the sides. The overall lighting during the show is something better in person, like the Vader breathing scene.

donsullivan

Premium Member
See it in person. The videos didn't really show a lot of things. Like, all the trees around Brown Derby have LED lights in them that are synced to the show. There is a lot of rooftop pyro on the sides. The overall lighting during the show is something better in person, like the Vader breathing scene.
I saw it in person and completely agree with makesmewonder perspective. I also talked with many others who saw it from Hollywood Blvd and all agreed that if you are further back than Sunset, the view is HORRIBLE. If the show is only visible from the Center Stage area, they will have large groups of guests disappointed with a bad view every single performance.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

Would the launch site have been better placed where they are building that retention pond? It's just below the launch site and would have been more center, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom