New Star Wars Fireworks Show - 'Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular'

Wildflower

Has anyone heard if the dessert parties are going to continue into July? They made them available everyday from June 17th - 30th, but July doesn't seem to be updated yet.
It's likely that they will....check closer to mid-month (seem to have been releasing the parties for the next month ~end of second week of current one lately)

ToTBellHop

While I get it, it's a tad unfortunate. The rooftop pyro really gives a lot of depth to the current show.
Yeah. It did make the current show feel special.

With the enhanced focus on the Chinese Theatre, capacity will be an issue for the new show. Everyone will want to be at Center Stage, not even Hollywood Blvd. They should consider projections on other buildings.

YodaMan

Ton of overnight work done. Both towers have lighting on top of them. The walls around the beige tower came down, the walls around the wall on abc Comm came down, ton of new hub lighting. Lights hanging from poles and in grass areas. Should be an amazing show.

Don't forget that tonight is the Kesha concert and most of the lighting and rigging is just temporary for tonight's concert. A lot of the work is likely for the firework show as well, but I imagine most of it is just for the concert.

HauntedMansionFLA

Ton of overnight work done. Both towers have lighting on top of them. The walls around the beige tower came down, the walls around the wall on abc Comm came down, ton of new hub lighting. Lights hanging from poles and in grass areas. Should be an amazing show.
I guess the Star Wars fireworks show is here for the long term. It will be nice to have more offerings at DHS. I'm excited to see what is in store of us. Hopefully it will be over the top.

DHSCM

Don't forget that tonight is the Kesha concert and most of the lighting and rigging is just temporary for tonight's concert. A lot of the work is likely for the firework show as well, but I imagine most of it is just for the concert.
The lighting for her concert is on the silver platforms that get wheeled out. DHS hosts the most private parties and conventions it's the same lighting they always use; that lighting has been out on rigs for the past 2 days. The lighting I'm talking about is mounted ontop of the towers and on the poles that house the speakers. I seriously doubt for a temp concert they would use anything other than the lights that get wheeled out as the lights I'm talking about are permanently mounted.

jrhwdw

The lighting for her concert is on the silver platforms that get wheeled out. DHS hosts the most private parties and conventions it's the same lighting they always use; that lighting has been out on rigs for the past 2 days. The lighting I'm talking about is mounted ontop of the towers and on the poles that house the speakers. I seriously doubt for a temp concert they would use anything other than the lights that get wheeled out as the lights I'm talking about are permanently mounted.
Anyone heard if there is fireworks after the concert tonight?

DHSCM

Visible pyro cannons on top of Hyperion theater and Disney junior stage. Not sure if it's just for the flames seen in the artwork or if they will do small pyro. More soft testings to take place during park close. Keep an eye for new launch site testing.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, June 5. The beige tower has the construction wall partially removed. The blue tower (not shown) still has its construction wall surrounding.

IMG_7985.JPG

Note the two rows of lights at the top of the tower, which are also beige. The blue tower has the same arrangement, in blue. To the left of this tower, hidden in the shadows of the trees, there is a light tower, similar to the ones used in Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom. There was not one seen next to the blue tower today. The trees near the blue tower remain, but have been cut back for the blue tower operations.

IMG_7988.JPG

The screen to the left of the Chinese Theater. That is construction fabric covering the opening, not the screen.

IMG_7989.JPG

The screen to the right of the Chinese Theater. Construction fabric covers the opening also, and you can see the sky and tower structure through it.

IMG_7991.JPG

jrhwdw

Visible pyro cannons on top of Hyperion theater and Disney junior stage. Not sure if it's just for the flames seen in the artwork or if they will do small pyro. More soft testings to take place during park close. Keep an eye for new launch site testing.
Disney Junior??? That's way off center! That's in another land almost, why would the be pyro cannons there??? Would you even see it from the front of the park? Or would you need to be out of the park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom