New SSE narrator auditions.

EPCOT.nut

Original Poster
Since we have a few months before Spaceship Earth (SSE) reopens, I thought we should audition new narrators.

I am leaning towards a sexy male voice. What about Avery Brooks? (Hawk from Spencer for Hire, the Captain from Deep Space 9) After a hard day at EPCOT I could lean back in a dark ride and listen to him! :lol:

Anyone else?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Since we have a few months before Spaceship Earth (SSE) reopens, I thought we should audition new narrators.

I am leaning towards a sexy male voice. What about Avery Brooks? (Hawk from Spencer for Hire, the Captain from Deep Space 9) After a hard day at EPCOT I could lean back in a dark ride and listen to him! :lol:

Anyone else?
Me! :D

Rich, base-baritone dulcet tones... I have a very pleasant voice, particularly when reproduced electronically. :shrug:

the voice of Harry Caray would be spectacular:ROFLOL:

actually for a serious one, Patrick Stewart would be good.. or if you want a different one, Bob Costas.

Rob562

actually for a serious one, Patrick Stewart would be good.. or if you want a different one, Bob Costas.

It's funny you mention Patrick Stewart... There were discussions on here a few months ago about a new narrator. There was news from a source inside WDI that Patrick Stewart had been in to record for an attraction project, but it wasn't known what project that was. The front-runner in the speculation was Spaceship Earth. But there could be other possibilities. He voices the mirror/narrator in the Snow White stage show at Disneyland a couple years ago.

The source also said Tia Carrere was in for a recording session around the same time, but they also had no idea what it was for. (She's the voice of Lilo's sister) Who knows, maybe she'll be in one of the new scenes in SSE.

-Rob

jmvd20

Patrick Stewart would be my number one choice, but I've got to say no way to Costas - of course that is just my opinion.

I-4Warrior

John Madden. "...and there were Cavemen.... see this guy right here, he's saying "oombaday" or something, and he's got a big ol' animal pelt on his head... then *BOOM*, we've got Egyptians... look at this guy, what's he doing? pounding parchment? is that what he's doing? Who's that big bald guy over there... he looks like Marc Colombo from the Cowboys with eyeliner... that's a big guy, he can move some defensive lineman, but that fan might be illegal on the field..."

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
How 'bout the Living Seas Lady, she had a great voice... and it rained, and rained, and rained... the deluge... *crash*

and the seas were born :)

Plutofan1

John Madden. "...and there were Cavemen.... see this guy right here, he's saying "oombaday" or something, and he's got a big ol' animal pelt on his head... then *BOOM*, we've got Egyptians... look at this guy, what's he doing? pounding parchment? is that what he's doing? Who's that big bald guy over there... he looks like Marc Colombo from the Cowboys with eyeliner... that's a big guy, he can move some defensive lineman, but that fan might be illegal on the field..."

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Epcotrob

Ok, I can so hear him saying that. That would be funny....but NO :lookaroun

wbt06

To bad the ride is not about animals because then we could get Jeff Corwin to do the voice. He has a very good narrators voice in his shows. Also Anderson Cooper has a voice that is easy to listen to. But it does not really matter to me as long as Rossie O'Donald is not doing it.(her voice is like nails on a chalk board to me)

CThaddeus

Who's Rossie O'Donald? Never heard of her, but Rosie O'Donnell is dang irritating, but so is Ellen, and they picked her. :(

I completely disagree, and I still think Ellen's Energy Adventure is one of the last good EPCOT attractions. I'm quite glad they picked her, and the show is just as humorous and educational to me today as it was the first time I saw it. But, to each his/her own.

Plutofan1

I completely disagree, and I still think Ellen's Energy Adventure is one of the last good EPCOT attractions. I'm quite glad they picked her, and the show is just as humorous and educational to me today as it was the first time I saw it. But, to each his/her own.

I second that. I think Ellen is one of the best rides in Epcot and I think that her and Bill Ney together make it a hilarious show. I am really glad that Disney picked her.

chrisdadrocks

I second Sisko

I never thought about it but Avery Brooks would be great I love his voice and is a great speaker. I also thought about the king of the voice over Morgan "the man" Freeman.

EPCOT Explorer

Same here!Love EEA!

As for SSE,James Earle Jones or hav Irons redo the narration...I've always loved it.

JEANYLASER

I was thinking Lavar Burton to be the SSE Narrator! Because he was in the Special for the Mission:Space ride! I love Lavar Burton because he was the host of my favorite tv show Reading Rainbow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom