News New sponsor coming to Walt Disney World's Splash Mountain

crxbrett

What's next?

Slinky sponsored by Bullfrog Sunblock
Mission Space sponsored by Dramamine
PizzaRizzo sponsored by Immodium.

You forgot Monster energy drinks for the Hall of Presidents and Icy Hot athletic cream for Space Mountain.

And before anyone throws rotten garbage at me for the HoP comment, I actually love that show, but I know many people only go in to take naps or rest lol

crxbrett

I do have to agree that this a rather clever tie-in. I have always put my phone in a ziploc bag while at the parks. To protect it from Splash, while racing on Sea Raycers or from the storms.

I also always have my SLR and camcorder while inside my waterproof sleeved equiped camera packs in giant ziploc bags. You can never be too careful when it comes to camera equipment.

KBLovedDisney

Doing all of this to protect phones but wasteful with using more plastic?...

Doesn't Lifeproof make waterproof cases for phones nowadways?

GlacierGlacier

Doing all of this to protect phones but wasteful with using more plastic?...

Doesn't Lifeproof make waterproof cases for phones nowadways?
Not only that, but some modern flagship phones are water proof/resistant.

I think this is good though - and there'll likely be a bin for recycling baggies after unload.

Do you think they'll be printed like the Kidcot ones are?

(Also, the US is pretty great in terms of plastic waste. The majority comes from rivers in China, India, and Africa. Though that doesn't mean we can't improve.)

Raineman

So, a popular attraction gets a sponsor that will help with maintenance and refurb costs, and gives MK guests a way to keep their phone dry on water rides, and somehow a few people still have to crap all over it. Myself and my family make our living from plastics manufacturing, so I guess we're the bad guys, huh? :rolleyes:

PrincessNelly_NJ

Not only that, but some modern flagship phones are water proof/resistant.

I think this is good though - and there'll likely be a bin for recycling baggies after unload.

Do you think they'll be printed like the Kidcot ones are?

(Also, the US is pretty great in terms of plastic waste. The majority comes from rivers in China, India, and Africa. Though that doesn't mean we can't improve.)

I was just going to say, most new phones can get wet. Heck, we took our phones with us in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon without plastic bags or waterproof cases.

Its still kinda odd to have a plastic bag manufacturer sponsor a water based attraction to me.

PrincessNelly_NJ

So, a popular attraction gets a sponsor that will help with maintenance and refurb costs, and gives MK guests a way to keep their phone dry on water rides, and somehow a few people still have to crap all over it. Myself and my family make our living from plastics manufacturing, so I guess we're the bad guys, huh? :rolleyes:

Who said that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom