New Spaceship Earth video screens?

Kevin-Page

Original Poster
Did anyone else see this report or have been on the ride sicne this took place? According to Screamscape.com, new video screens have been adding to the beginning of the ride telling people what to do/expect?

I myself think the reporter is overreacting, but who knows.

Thanks

Kevin Page

jcrb

It seems that Spaceship Earth was taken down on March 13th and opened on the 14th with three new video screens placed during the initial dark assent up into Spaceship Earth itself. Even worse, it doesn’t sound like these add to the experience, instead they are said to show a short verbal and visual introduction to what the attraction is about as well as a warning about how the vehicles will eventually turn around and face backwards once you reach the top of the ride. A reader (who sent in a photo that I enhanced) tells us that he thought it was a great use of “wasted space” and while I haven’t seen it yet myself I don’t agree with the concept. I had liked the dark assent as it acclimated you to the dark ride experience to come and it was a nice peaceful ride up into Spaceship Earth itself. The last thing I want is some kind of safety spiel in my face for the first 60 seconds of the ride as well as a spoiler for newcomers about how the ride vehicles will spin around at the top. It’s bad enough they ruin the atmosphere at the top with a verbal warning, but this is too much if this is the sole purpose of these new screens. I mean, you don’t spoil the tricks of Alien Encounter in the pre show videos or show a detailed video about all the surprise elements of Tower of Terror while waiting in the Library. So why all the fuss about this little ride that moves a scant 2-3 mph? I’ll have more on this in the future after I eventually see it myself.

FSUYoda217

Even if this is an over reaction...... it still sucks. There should be no changes to Spaceship Earth.... especially if it will be a stupid change like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom