New Spaceship Earth Info

Slipknot

Original Poster
This is at a Disney CM site. I could get in trouble, but I wanted to post it. And I know there is another thread but I wanted to start another one with new info so it wouldn't get lost in another thread.

I'll miss the current/past ride because I grew up with it but I like what I hear in this article.

Epcot's 'Spaceship Earth' to Feature Re-Imagined Time-Travel Adventure and New Finale Presented by Siemens

At Epcot, a re-imagined Spaceship Earth will combine the magic of the iconic attraction's time-travel adventure into the past with a new finale, presented by Siemens, which lets Guests imagine their futures.

Enhancements to the time-travel attraction will encompass changes to each of the ride scenes. New show scenes will be added to the attraction's story along with new lighting effects, costumes, set decoration, narration and musical score. The time travel adventure will be enhanced through new, interactive touch screens installed aboard each "time machine" that will enable guests to create their own visions of the future and see themselves in that future.

As Guests disembark the time travel experience, they are invited to visit Project Tomorrow: Inventing the World of Tomorrow presented by Siemens, where interactive exhibits bring to life the ideas and technologies Siemens is developing to help make the world a better place for the future.

The space is filled with fun, interactive games and displays that showcase innovative technologies. Here guests step into the world of tomorrow and glimpse the future of medicine, transportation and responsible energy management across the globe.

Opening to Epcot guests later this month, the first completed phases of Project Tomorrow will include an illuminated globe — measuring 20 feet in diameter — that will offer an ever-changing collage of inspirational images that invite guests to imagine the wonders of tomorrow; Body Builder, a 3-D game that enables users to assemble a digital human body; and, Super Driver, a driving simulation video game that showcases motor vehicle accident and avoidance systems developed by Siemens.

With phased renovations occurring through the year, Spaceship Earth's makeover is scheduled to be fully completed in early 2008.

ToTBellHop

don't risk your career for this. It's already been posted and none of us would want you to get in trouble for posting it. Thanks, though. This is exciting news :)

haveyoumetmark

As I've said before, I am so excited about this particular refurb! I do agree with ISTCNavigator57 though, it was super nice of you to bring this info to us, but if affects the future of your job, I wouldn't take any considerable risks. It is exciting news though and thank you so much for posting it. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom