News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

GlacierGlacier

You'll have to take that up with Rick Singh...

View attachment 382423

I yield my vague information I was told once in the presence of much better researched and put together documentation 😛

This makes me laugh, though.
SmartSelect_20190619-140134_Chrome.jpg

ToTBellHop

I heard on this week's Disney Dish that Disney is holding back opening up ADRs because they know this will be a huge hit. They're worried of an early Be Our Guest situation where demand is so high and no one can get ADRs.
So the solution is to do what, exactly? No reservations and let the crowds fight it out or release ADRs like a month out and let MyDisneyExperience crash?

ToTBellHop

I wish that I remembered everything Jim said. I think they're still figuring it out, but there will ultimately be ADRs.
After all these years, they still have to "figure out" how to open a restaurant?

I'm not expecting you to answer. Just shaking my head at their ineptitude.

Then again, they don't know how to open a land in a Florida park with shade. They are as forgetful of their core principles as the Game of Thrones show writers.

zann285

I wish that I remembered everything Jim said. I think they're still figuring it out, but there will ultimately be ADRs.

I think what Jim said was that Disney was worried that because the restaurant is almost an attraction itself that diners would spend a longer time at the Space Restaurant than at a typical restaurant. But because it is kind of a new concept, Disney isn't sure what the average time will be. The impression I got was that they want to sort of soft open it to get some stats before they commit to ADR timeframes, so they do not run into a bad timing situation like they had with Be Our Guest.

But this is my memory from listening while driving during rush hour, so I may have missed something.

ToTBellHop

I think what Jim said was that Disney was worried that because the restaurant is almost an attraction itself that diners would spend a longer time at the Space Restaurant than at a typical restaurant. But because it is kind of a new concept, Disney isn't sure what the average time will be. The impression I got was that they want to sort of soft open it to get some stats before they commit to ADR timeframes, so they do not run into a bad timing situation like they had with Be Our Guest.

But this is my memory from listening while driving during rush hour, so I may have missed something.
I would think Disney is the master of rushing people through meals. Give everyone a free Fastpass to Journey Into Imagination that must be used by 60 minutes after the start of the meal.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
After all these years, they still have to "figure out" how to open a restaurant?

I'm not expecting you to answer. Just shaking my head at their ineptitude.

Then again, they don't know how to open a land in a Florida park with shade. They are as forgetful of their core principles as the Game of Thrones show writers.
The new paradigm is clear: access will be limited to Club-level resort guests who pay $50 per person for the reservation. Open seats will be parceled out to a virtual stand-by queue. Stand-bys will be notified via text message a half-hour before their scheduled seating time.

ToTBellHop

The new paradigm is clear: access will be limited to Club-level resort guests who pay $50 per person for the reservation. Open seats will be parceled out to a virtual stand-by queue. Stand-bys will be notified via text message a half-hour before their scheduled seating time.
I increasingly feel like those of us who merely have APs, DVC memberships, or on-site resort stays are viewed as “the poor” by Disney, which is sad from the company that used to treat everyone like VIPs.

At least Disney Cruise Line still treats everyone like they matter.

Aries1975

I'm going to guess this will be like the drive-in at DHS and the scenery will eventually repeat. Whenever we saw that at the drive-in it told us it was time to go.

My thoughts exactly. They have years of data on Sci-fi Dine-In, and I agree the film loop is timed to encourage people to leave.

They also have years of data on Coral Reef. How long to people chill out and watch the fish?

The menu will also determine the length of time people stay. It takes substantially longer to eat multiple courses than a burger and fries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom