News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

Mainahman

Needs to be more Disney... how about "Alice's Really, Really Wild Teacups"?
NAhhh Mork and Mindy! NANU NANU

Unplugged

I think it's a great attraction in that it's well executed and provides a well themed environment. So many people seem to complain about it, but it almost always boils down to them complainers can't handle the intensity of the centrifuge (which less intense than when it first opened, unfortunately). I don't like the new AK:FoW as that 3d effect and some rendered transitions in the video make me sick, however, I'm not knocking the attraction. I personal can't stand the new Test Track as I feel they ruined a great attraction by diluting the theme. At least with M:S, they plused it with the new dedicated Green side flight and upgrading the video in capsule. The dining will be a good thematic tie in, even for those who enjoy space and NOT centrifuges. I'm sure it will be far superior to race track hot dogs and stale draft beer if the restaurant had been attached to TT instead.

Rich Brownn

I think it's a great attraction in that it's well executed and provides a well themed environment. So many people seem to complain about it, but it almost always boils down to them complainers can't handle the intensity of the centrifuge (which less intense than when it first opened, unfortunately). I don't like the new AK:FoW as that 3d effect and some rendered transitions in the video make me sick, however, I'm not knocking the attraction. I personal can't stand the new Test Track as I feel they ruined a great attraction by diluting the theme. At least with M:S, they plused it with the new dedicated Green side flight and upgrading the video in capsule. The dining will be a good thematic tie in, even for those who enjoy space and NOT centrifuges. I'm sure it will be far superior to race track hot dogs and stale draft beer if the restaurant had been attached to TT instead.
The centrifuge was never altered, the film would have had to have been altered to match. Unless you mean green, where it turned off. The CF pulls 2.5 as it always has.

Unplugged

The centrifuge was never altered, the film would have had to have been altered to match. Unless you mean green, where it turned off. The CF pulls 2.5 as it always has.
OK, I thought they had reduced the original rotation speed from it's opening to reduce the g's a bit. (If they had, the film would not have to be changed, just like it was not changed for green.) Either way, NP.

Creathir

Needs to be more Disney... how about "Alice's Really, Really Wild Teacups"?
Gotta maintain the space feel...

Wall-E and Eve’s Dancing with the Stars

Double IP tie in...

“Join us tonight for the robotic debut of Wall-E and Eve on the season finale of ABC’s hit series Dancing With the Stars where Dave Coulier and Ricki Lake compete for the crown!
Tune in at 8/7 central, broadcast live from Future World at Disney’s EPCOT Adventure Zone!”

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Gotta maintain the space feel...

Wall-E and Eve’s Dancing with the Stars

Double IP tie in...

“Join us tonight for the robotic debut of Wall-E and Eve on the season finale of ABC’s hit series Dancing With the Stars where Dave Coulier and Ricki Lake compete for the crown!
Tune in at 8/7 central, broadcast live from Future World at Disney’s EPCOT Adventure Zone!”
Dancing IN the Stars, maybe?

Magenta Panther

Would much rather have an immersive restaurant based on Pirates. One that looked like a tavern (or maybe an actual ship, like the old Captain Hook's in Disneyland), with real atmosphere and effects and actors and so on. Something timeless. Who's to say a Space Restaurant won't be dated-looking in a few years, like Space Mountain's queue looks today?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom