News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Pardon me if it's already been discussed, but where is the entrance for this going to be? In the ride? or will it have a separate lobby and entrance?
Entrance circled

christine7257

If they have a lounge/bar it will be perfect for sitting/sipping a cocktail while the rest of my family scrambles their brains on the Orange side of MS. At least, that's how I would market it :)

I like the way you think! I’m pretty sure I remember hearing there is a bar but remember thinking it sounded pretty small (like a dozen seats or so).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If they have a lounge/bar it will be perfect for sitting/sipping a cocktail while the rest of my family scrambles their brains on the Orange side of MS. At least, that's how I would market it :)
I like the way you think! I’m pretty sure I remember hearing there is a bar but remember thinking it sounded pretty small (like a dozen seats or so).
There is a small bar area with around a dozen seats but only as part of the restaurant.

Sir_Cliff

A space bar with intergalactic-themed concoctions sounds wonderful!

Sneezy62

A space bar with intergalactic-themed concoctions sounds wonderful!
Really hope there is no intergalactic themed anything. Just a nice restaurant on a space station in earth orbit where earthling can relax and enjoy the view. Our little blue ball would be breathtaking enough. I would even tolerate spaceman Mickey floating by on RARE occasions, like sometimes seems to have happened at Seabase Alpha.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Really hope there is no intergalactic themed anything. Just a nice restaurant on a space station in earth orbit where earthling can relax and enjoy the view. Our little blue ball would be breathtaking enough. I would even tolerate spaceman Mickey floating by on RARE occasions, like sometimes seems to have happened at Seabase Alpha.

You don't want a Cosmic Cosmo or a Martian Martini?

Sneezy62

And Jupiter and Mars are in our solar system... leave the aliens, superheroes and sci-fi out. I’m the guy that quit going to Disney for 30 years over the mission to Mars hyperwarp and Space Mountain. I will say I rode Space Mountain last year for the first time since 1978 and it’s much better with just star fields than it was with the black light “planets”.
🤣

Sir_Cliff

Well, the theme is a restaurant in space so there is a bit of fantasy involved in the concept to begin with. Names referencing outer space and perhaps the odd glowing cocktail and tiki mug-type vessel is more what I was thinking, but I guess there is a lot of blowback to drinking in Epcot more generally. Personally, I love a good cocktail!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom