News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

twilight mitsuk

Gold Mine of info here. Thanks.

uhh... excuse me?

Oh... right. Ok.

Space-olators!
I'm assuming Space 220 is in reference to 220 mile high orbit of the International Space Station.
International Cast members will start arriving to work at Space 220 in September.
Like what they used to have at the former disneyquest

DisneyDreamer08

The job posting says 2019, but no more specific then that.
Start of 2020. Christmas next year at a push.
It looks like the posting says that they intend to 'catch up' and have the restaurant open by 2019's holiday season.

Interesting, thanks everyone. My 8 year daughter is big into space and astronomy. Our next scheduled trip is January 2020. If it’s open, this will be a great surprise for her :)

Missing20K

So we have the trifecta of outsourcing here...
A company (International Services) hiring staff for a company (Patina) running a restaurant for another company (ABC/Disney)...

Well as we all know, additional layers of corporate bureaucracy is a sure fire way to extremely satisfied customers. And I'm certain all outside companies are required by contract to abide by the Four Keys.

TOCPE82

Well as we all know, additional layers of corporate bureaucracy is a sure fire way to extremely satisfied customers. And I'm certain all outside companies are required by contract to abide by the Four Keys.

Yup. Nothing ever goes wrong and quality never falls when outside companies come in..... haha.

I recall when I worked at DTD being in the breakroom for DisneyQuest and hearing the manager for the Cheesecake Factory Express talking to a rep from corporate about how much money they were making and how "They have to buy it regardless of quality because where else are they going to go?" #OperatingParticipants

GlacierGlacier

So we have the trifecta of outsourcing here...
A company (International Services) hiring staff for a company (Patina) running a restaurant for another company (ABC/Disney)...
Oh man.

I'd hate to see how you react to the actual construction and engineering of attractions.

Missing20K

Oh man.

I'd hate to see how you react to the actual construction and engineering of attractions.

Outsourced customer service companies do not equate to construction/engineering companies legally bound to uphold design and construction standards.

I'm unsure of the ethical requirements of a third party customer service company, but my gut tells me it's far less than those required of a stamped Professional Engineer, Architect, or General Contractor.

I also won't pretend they don't have people doing stud framing, or concrete work, or painting, that most of us wouldn't trust to sweep our kitchen floor.

But I can't equate an outsourced server to a concrete subcontractor.

MickeyMinnieMom

Does anyone have a list of in-park restaurants NOT owned and operated by Disney? I would think that the more immersive an experience you want to create, the greater advantage to having Disney staff/operate it... but maybe I'm wrong...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom