News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

UpDog71

I think it was set for a 2019 opening date. I wouldn't think a restaurant would take that long to construct, especially when part of the building is "done"(unused HP/VIP lounge, meant this in the loosest possible way). We should see dirt moving soon, I would think?
I'm sure that this is really just a test run for the Star Wars immersive resort. I'd expect this to open sometime in 2019.

DisneyDebRob

I think it was set for a 2019 opening date. I wouldn't think a restaurant would take that long to construct, especially when part of the building is "done"(unused HP/VIP lounge, meant this in the loosest possible way). We should see dirt moving soon, I would think?
This is Disney let’s not forget. When they put their mind and money to something we usually are happy with the outcome. They also took 3 years to put up a parking garage. Best estimate for this would be 2019 til 2030.:)

Notes from Neverland

I really hope they go all out for this. Disney is supposedly full of all these amazing themed dining experiences, but in truth - for the most part, it really has been left behind as they are everywhere now. Sure, Sci-Fi Drive-In was amazing in 1990, but in 2018 it is rather quaint. I mean, there are exceptions - BoG is great - but when otherwise the other stuff on property that approaches modern experiences is owned by a third party (Dino Cafe, Rainforest).

Especially with third-party restaurants showing off some impressive theming in Disney Springs (Edison in particular), Disney needs to step it up some and make sure they at least keep pace.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm imagining it to be a lot like the Big window in Be our guest but a lot larger, and more things to see in it.

Btw the Hogwarts express in my opinion feels like staring at a screen, but it's still a lot of fun, It might just not be possible to trick your mind to believe the somewhat bad CGi that's present in Hogwarts express.

I like the Hogwart's Express, but IMO they didn't do it quite perfect enough. What I mean is that the screen ends just outside of the window frame you look out of. People have even said if you're right next to it, you can see the edges. If I was doing it, I would have made the screen larger and farther away...though logistically I don't know what space they had to work with next to the other cars. I think the CG can be upgraded as well, it's good not as good as I expected honestly.....then while they're fixing things, they could try to get Hermione's voice to sound at least a LITTLE bit like Emma Watson!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I like the Hogwart's Express, but IMO they didn't do it quite perfect enough. What I mean is that the screen ends just outside of the window frame you look out of. People have even said if you're right next to it, you can see the edges. !
You have to look for the edges. If you’re sat in a normal position you can’t see them; you have to lean.

Kind of like you can’t see the PotC show lighting unless you turn around.

Princess Leia

I like the Hogwart's Express, but IMO they didn't do it quite perfect enough. What I mean is that the screen ends just outside of the window frame you look out of. People have even said if you're right next to it, you can see the edges. If I was doing it, I would have made the screen larger and farther away...though logistically I don't know what space they had to work with next to the other cars. I think the CG can be upgraded as well, it's good not as good as I expected honestly.....then while they're fixing things, they could try to get Hermione's voice to sound at least a LITTLE bit like Emma Watson!
You have to look for the edges. If you’re sat in a normal position you can’t see them; you have to lean.

Kind of like you can’t see the PotC show lighting unless you turn around.
I didn’t notice the edges on the Hogwarts Express, but I definitely did on Gringotts.

TrojanUSC

I really hope they go all out for this. Disney is supposedly full of all these amazing themed dining experiences, but in truth - for the most part, it really has been left behind as they are everywhere now. Sure, Sci-Fi Drive-In was amazing in 1990, but in 2018 it is rather quaint. I mean, there are exceptions - BoG is great - but when otherwise the other stuff on property that approaches modern experiences is owned by a third party (Dino Cafe, Rainforest).

This is a third-party experience.

sedati

Any chance the resturant will be visible as we exit the ride, or at least when exiting those centrifuges on the right side that have the longest walk?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom