New Sofia package at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?

Mousey21

Original Poster
I've seen in the general Disney Email I get that they have added a new package which has Sofia the First in to the Boutique, can anyone tell me anything about it as I cannot see anything on the website?

I did consider taking my daughter before but after seeing the pictures and videos, one of the biggest things of the package I would choose is the make up and I'm not happy with her having make up on to be honest, and also the hair looks like it's pulled really tight? can anyone confirm this?

and another question I have is, can you just go to the shop and buy the dresses and accessories?

Thanks.

HouCuseChickie

I've seen in the general Disney Email I get that they have added a new package which has Sofia the First in to the Boutique, can anyone tell me anything about it as I cannot see anything on the website?

I did consider taking my daughter before but after seeing the pictures and videos, one of the biggest things of the package I would choose is the make up and I'm not happy with her having make up on to be honest, and also the hair looks like it's pulled really tight? can anyone confirm this?

and another question I have is, can you just go to the shop and buy the dresses and accessories?

Thanks.

We haven't done the Sophia package, but Kenny the Pirate included some info on it on his website.
http://kennythepirate.com/2013/06/2...ique-and-jake-and-mermaids-at-pirates-league/

I honestly don't know if they sell the Sophia costume in the parks, but it doesn't look like it's included in the package. If they do sell it, you'd likely find it at Castle Couture, which is right near the castle. I bought our girls' costumes and accessories there before their first BBB experience a few years ago. Last year, I used rewards points and got dresses from the Disney Store and just traveled with them. If you don't want to risk it or go that route, you could always purchase the Disney Store version before your trip...

Your best bet may be to call the BBB phone number to get more info and specifics on the package.

As for the make up...while I know some people complain that the girls look heavily made up, but we've done BBB twice and I've never seen any girls in there with anything more than very light makeup. The pic below is my girls the last time they did it and while I know everyone has different opinions on what's a lot of make up...I really think theirs was done very tastefully and fairly light.

41635710063.jpg

This next one is from our first BBB visit and it's also pretty light...

5294890399_464ab5b26b.jpg

As for the hair being tight, my older one has gotten the bun twice and while it looks tight- she's never complained. In fact, she said it doesn't hurt a bit. On the flip side, my friend's daughter did the same thing and was miserable. Personally, I was shocked since DD7 always whines when I do her hair at home...so I can't even tell you to use that as a gauge. Actually- the style DD4 got with the spiky extensions involved much more pulling and clipping than the bun. She didn't complain either, but man was that a pain to take out.

Either way- I'd call the BBB line to find out more. They have always been very helpful for us. :)

Last edited:

Mousey21

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll have a look on there. she has some dresses already that I'll be bringing with us, but more supermarket ones, so not as nice, and I've had a look on the disney store us website compared to the uk ones and the dresses are so much nicer over there, so I'm going to wait and buy her a really nice special one since Grandma has saved her some money! haha.

I've had a look at youtube and at pictures online and I have to say your girls look fine make up wise! I've seen pictures where they are completely covered with it, and my partner really wouldn't be happy with that and I wouldn't either, she's only 3 and I tend to draw the line at nail varnish on but not at nursery, (I'm a bit strict haha).

and she hates me doing her hair, so I might just see how she goes for a few weeks, but If we're doing it I need to try booking it soon haha. and I hope she's pick the princess bun, it's adorable.

Do you know how far in advance you need to book because we're going in like 7/8 weeks!!!

p.s. your girls look beautiful and make wonderful princesses!!!

HouCuseChickie

@Mousey21 Thanks!!! Strict is also good :)
I think they normally go light on the makeup unless requested to do something else.

call to try and book now if possible. If they are booked, you can still try and call to check each day for openings. It's a credit card guarantee, so people will cancel if their plans change. BBB is extremely popular and like dining, can be booked as far as 180 days in advance. The castle location is more popular than the Downtown Disney location, but it books up too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom