New Soarin Movie

Shellieb1

Original Poster
Hi All,

A while back Disney was in the process of doing fly overs of Walt Disney World, etc for a new Soarin movie I believe. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a release date for it to the attraction? Thanks.

Cmdr_Crimson

Hi All,

A while back Disney was in the process of doing fly overs of Walt Disney World, etc for a new Soarin movie I believe. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a release date for it to the attraction? Thanks.

There has been no announcement of it as of yet...

Gig 'Em Mickey

Not for many months I would still assume. Not only do they have to edit footage together, but then they have to cut it and then sync it up with ride movements, smells, etc. I'd look for it go down for a little while they do all that. That will take time to get the ride mechanism itself coordinated.

This is a project that should have been started long ago. They waited until the ride really needed to attention to even start.

thomas998

Hi All,

Any word on whether it is going to be another fly over California ride or could it possibly be something new, like a fly over Florida movie.

Gig 'Em Mickey

The flyovers were done in Florida so at least a portion will be in Florida. I think it'd be cool for them to do it in other famous spots in the world or country not just limit it to Florida. Soarin is one of my favorites and I hate to see it in its current state.

wdwfan4ver

My guess Spring 2015, although I don't have any info really.
Your guess is seems unlikely unless something changed in terms of the order parks getting the newest versions of Soarin'.

Shanghai Disneyland's version of Soarin' is supposed to be opened before the DCA and the Epcot version's of Soarin' gets changed based on what I read late last year and earlier this year. What I know is Shanghai Disneyland's version of Soarin' is different than the current version for DCA and Epcot.

Soarin' is supposed to be one of nhai Disneyland's grand opening attractions and currently nhai Disneyland's planned grand opening date is December of 2015.

wdwfan4ver

The new Soarin' film seems for Epcot seems to be pointed at 2016 or 2017 despite the flyovers for WDW already happened based on what I read on Shanghai Disneyland is supposed to get the first of the new versions of Soarin'.

DinoInstitute

Your guess is seems unlikely unless something changed in terms of the order parks getting the newest versions of Soarin'.

Shanghai Disneyland's version of Soarin' is supposed to be opened before the DCA and the Epcot version's of Soarin' gets changed based on what I read late last year and earlier this year. What I know is Shanghai Disneyland's version of Soarin' is different than the current version for DCA and Epcot.

Soarin' is supposed to be one of nhai Disneyland's grand opening attractions and currently nhai Disneyland's planned grand opening date is December of 2015.
As long as it is just the film, not more buildings/current building updates, I say spring 15 is extremely possible. Remember that includes June too

slappy magoo

Not for many months I would still assume. Not only do they have to edit footage together, but then they have to cut it and then sync it up with ride movements, smells, etc. I'd look for it go down for a little while they do all that. That will take time to get the ride mechanism itself coordinated.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they coordinated the movements of new shots to match the movements already on the ride to save time and money. Then just swap out the fragrance containers, redo the queue and voila, soaring over Florida.

cw1982

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they coordinated the movements of new shots to match the movements already on the ride to save time and money. Then just swap out the fragrance containers, redo the queue and voila, soaring over Florida.

I agree that it definitely would seem to fit their style from what I've been reading here, but wasn't part of the deal with Soarin' getting upgraded supposed to be the screen being fixed too and another theater being added? Or is that more of a "wishful thinking" kind of thing.

FettFan

I agree that it definitely would seem to fit their style from what I've been reading here, but wasn't part of the deal with Soarin' getting upgraded supposed to be the screen being fixed too and another theater being added? Or is that more of a "wishful thinking" kind of thing.

I hope not. Because honestly, there's not much environmental variety in Florida.

Ideally, I'd hope they'd hit the ten World Showcase countries (Great Wall of China! German Alps! London!), add one or two others (Australian Outback! Rio de Janiero's Christ the Redeemer!), then end with a "landing" back at Epcot...hopefully after soaring down Main Street USA, looping around Cinderella Castle, and approaching Epcot and The Land from the North.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Fragrance containers? I heard that you were going to get splashed in the face with hot pork grease and BBQ sauce after flying over a big 4th of July picnic.

tl77

IMAX has been working for years to build a digital camera, which they finally got perfected last year and the new Transformers 4 movie was the first film to use it. I'm guessing this is what they are using for the new Soarin' and will probably switch everything over to digital for the new film, which would give them the ability to alternate shows like the new Star Tours... but the logistics of putting that kind of show together, and making that work will probably take some time, late 2015/early 2016 maybe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom