NEW Smoking Settler's Cabin (Formerly Burning) as Seen from Liberty Belle Riverboat

Animaniac93-98

its-something.jpg

ABQ

Is the Teepee smoke new too? Wasn't the original burning cabin across from the Haunted Mansion queue?

atrus79

I know we are all looking at this and shaking our head, but as someone who has gone to school for fire beahvior and knows how smoke travels, the should really do something about being able to see 'through' the cabin. If smoke was billowing out a door like that, then the ceiling and 'head' area would also be filled with smoke ... this firefighter calls bad show. I know anything new is an upgrade ... but come on

George Lucas on a Bench

The burning cabin was visible from the riverboats or Big Thunder. It's one of my favorite memories from WDW, riding Thunder and seeing the cabin burning.

Could they install an effect similar to the burning city from Pirates inside of the cabin? It's certainly not the same as seeing the thing go up in real flames, but it's a little more than what appears to be a $20 fog machine from Wal-Mart.

cw1982

I know we are all looking at this and shaking our head, but as someone who has gone to school for fire beahvior and knows how smoke travels, the should really do something about being able to see 'through' the cabin. If smoke was billowing out a door like that, then the ceiling and 'head' area would also be filled with smoke ... this firefighter calls bad show. I know anything new is an upgrade ... but come on

I'd say this is a clear example of a downgrade.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
No, no it's not. And as long as people will settle for this, this is what they will get. I just finished typing a letter expressing my opinion, and if this kind of thing bothers you, I urge you to do the same.

And whom do I write to? (as if a cabin that's only seen by 1/100th of all WDW visitors, a number pulled from air, is of more importance than addressing issues that directly impact guests) But, yeah... it's a downgrade to be sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom