New Skillets at Whispering Canyon

docdebbi

not good for me!

alas..........most of the individual entrees are gone, so i'm stuck getting a $33 meal for a 10 year old kid who won't eat anything in it. no adult burger available anymore. and i don't know if they'll let him order from kids menu.

i wasn't even going to get the all you can eat as it seems wasteful for just one person. i couldn't eat even just a few bites of each thing, waste the rest. really debating what to do about this.

docdebbi

Looks like 33 a person skillet for dinner, also there are still entree and kids meals. @docdebbi
Menu from Disney, is up, when I booked.

yeah, the two younger still qualify as kids, the 10 year old does not. and some places let you order from kids anyway and some don't! and the only 3 entrees are not kid friendly. not seeing him eating a steak, or salmon or quinoa!

DisneyGigi

yeah, the two younger still qualify as kids, the 10 year old does not. and some places let you order from kids anyway and some don't! and the only 3 entrees are not kid friendly. not seeing him eating a steak, or salmon or quinoa!
Gotcha! Our problem was always that our daughter at 9 did not want to eat from a kids meal. We Do dining plan, so we always just paid for her to eat what we did. :-/

allidog1

not good for me!

alas..........most of the individual entrees are gone, so i'm stuck getting a $33 meal for a 10 year old kid who won't eat anything in it. no adult burger available anymore. and i don't know if they'll let him order from kids menu.

i wasn't even going to get the all you can eat as it seems wasteful for just one person. i couldn't eat even just a few bites of each thing, waste the rest. really debating what to do about this.
They always let you order from the kids menu.

JohnD

Original Poster
Piggy Wings? I am in, thanks for posting! Just changed an ADR for it in May.

I just did the same. I'm planning on being in MK on May 4. I added an ADR for dinner for around 6:00pm so I'll just hop out of the park, take the boat over, have dinner, check out the the WL gift shop, and return in time for HEA.

JohnD

Original Poster
not good for me!

There's an "All You Care to Enjoy" skillet for $16.

DisneyGigi

I just did the same. I'm planning on being in MK on May 4. I added an ADR for dinner for around 6:00pm so I'll just hop out of the park, take the boat over, have dinner, check out the the WL gift shop, and return in time for HEA.
I loved lunch there a few years ago, the Piggy Wings sealed the deal though! Thanks again for posting. :)

docdebbi

There's an "All You Care to Enjoy" skillet for $16.

yes, there is, and I appreciate everyone trying to fix this for me, i really do. But again, that is on the kids menu which is only to age 9.
M y oldest grandson is 10. So it's the $33 all-you-care-to-eat for him. Almost all of which is not what a kid wants to eat, nor do I want to pay $33 for a kid to eat. (he is an adult to disney, he is a kid to me).

And I don't mention this just because it's going to annoy ME to pay that for food most kids don't like, but because I suspect lots of people do not want to pay that for their 10 year old.

We go in 2 weeks, I'll see if they'll let me order from the kids menu for him, but believe me, he's a big kid (5 foot at 10 years old), they will know he's not 9, and I wouldn't lie. So I'll let you guys know if they are strict about ordering from kids menu. Some places are, some places aren't.

In general, I like all the new skillet options, seems great for adults, I just wish they hadn't dumped so much from the a la carte menu.

docdebbi

I'd like to think that, but not always true. Some places enforce the age limit, some do not. It's usually the more expensive places that do enforce it. We've been denied that when with my nieces and nephews.

I've been told that some places will let you order an "adult size" portion of something on the kids menu but at a much higher price. So we may be able to get more chicken tenders than a kid's portion, but will still be very expensive. Although at least he'd eat it.

I guess Disney wants their expected amount of expense per seat in the restaurant, and I accept that, especially at the nicer places. But when I booked this meal, 6 months ago, they had less expensive options that he would have eaten (say-----a burger) on the adult menu.

CaptainAmerica

yes, there is, and I appreciate everyone trying to fix this for me, i really do. But again, that is on the kids menu which is only to age 9.
M y oldest grandson is 10. So it's the $33 all-you-care-to-eat for him. Almost all of which is not what a kid wants to eat, nor do I want to pay $33 for a kid to eat. (he is an adult to disney, he is a kid to me).

And I don't mention this just because it's going to annoy ME to pay that for food most kids don't like, but because I suspect lots of people do not want to pay that for their 10 year old.

We go in 2 weeks, I'll see if they'll let me order from the kids menu for him, but believe me, he's a big kid (5 foot at 10 years old), they will know he's not 9, and I wouldn't lie. So I'll let you guys know if they are strict about ordering from kids menu. Some places are, some places aren't.

In general, I like all the new skillet options, seems great for adults, I just wish they hadn't dumped so much from the a la carte menu.
I'm sorry, but this is a bit dramatic. My daughter is four years old and she'd eat every single thing on the menu. You're projecting your picky eater as if he's a proxy for all kids.

The Traditional skillet literally has beef AND pork AND chicken AND sausage, plus there are fish and vegetarian options as well. I'm not sure what else you'd expect.

Not on the all-you-can-eat options. She's probably be fine ordering the kids a la carte items, but if she's going to get a skillet it would have to be the adult one.

Hockey89

Ok don't go

Simba’s Mom

There are still burgers at Roaring Fork and Geyser Point. I know the ambiance is not the same, but neither are the prices.

Yup, it looks like I'll be headed to Roarin Forks instead of Whispering Canyons from now on. I enjoyed a sit-down meal in the middle of the day, but my appetite isn't very big, so these AYCE skillets aren't appealing to me. They used to have an open faced tuna melt that I enjoyed, so now I'll have to go to Roarin Forks to get something smaller.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom