News New Signature Restaurant for Japan Pavilion - Takumi-Tei

JohnD

Adding a restaurant to a world showcase pavilion is hardly evolution. Opening up the show building and a Mt Fuji coaster....that would be evolution.

It’s something happening and being built and we’re discussing it. I’m not suggesting something that happens every year like the F&G Festival. By your logic the thread for the Space Restaurant shouldn’t be included either. I’m being consistent.

But sure a Mt. Fuji coaster would warrant inclusion too if actually planned.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, March 16, 2019. Difficult to show construction in this small area. Appears to be a retaining wall in place now, with the new guest dining area to the left of the photo.

This concrete block wall (see below) will be a visible part of the structure, as decorative rock is being applied to the wall (see lower part of wall).

Surferboy567

Today on the Disney Dish, (March 25th) Jim Hill has said some interesting things (say what you will about him) but I'll just pass the message around to the relevant thread(s) this being one of them. He has said that "anyone who can swing a hammer is over at galaxy's edge" but that the Japan restaurant is still on track and Disney just doesn't see it as a big news item...yet which is why we haven't heard anything in quite some time. They are just waiting for the perfect time to announce it (Len Testa jokingly said when Universal announces a Chinese Restaurant)

Sir_Cliff

Today on the Disney Dish, (March 25th) Jim Hill has said some interesting things (say what you will about him) but I'll just pass the message around to the relevant thread(s) this being one of them. He has said that "anyone who can swing a hammer is over at galaxy's edge" but that the Japan restaurant is still on track and Disney just doesn't see it as a big news item...yet which is why we haven't heard anything in quite some time. They are just waiting for the perfect time to announce it (Len Testa jokingly said when Universal announces a Chinese Restaurant)
I think I could have given you that inside scoop.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm just wondering what the menu is going to be like, as this will be their 4th restaurant. Maybe wagyu beef and similar offerings

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm just wondering what the menu is going to be like, as this will be their 4th restaurant. Maybe wagyu beef and similar offerings
I curious as well. My wife and I love Tokyo Dining, and their sushi, they already have Hibachi, am I missing another prevalent Japanese cuisine? Perhaps I have been too "Americanized" and there is much more to offer than just sushi and hibachi.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I curious as well. My wife and I love Tokyo Dining, and their sushi, they already have Hibachi, am I missing another prevalent Japanese cuisine? Perhaps I have been too "Americanized" and there is much more to offer than just sushi and hibachi.

There's a LOT more to offer, but I'm not sure what would be considered high end for "Signature" dining. Ramen, tonkatsu, okonomiyaki, curry rice of various kinds, takoyaki, etc

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
There's a LOT more to offer, but I'm not sure what would be considered high end for "Signature" dining. Ramen, tonkatsu, okonomiyaki, curry rice of various kinds, takoyaki, etc
I was under the assumption that noodles was more of a Vietnamese dish and curry was more Thai, but I love all of that.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I was under the assumption that noodles was more of a Vietnamese dish and curry was more Thai, but I love all of that.

Japanese curry is a bit different I think, it's a very mild (but delicious!) flavor. They've imported a lot of cuisines and made it their own. Ramen was originally Chinese but everyone knows the Japanese version now since they modified it a lot.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 11, 2019. As reported earlier (in a link above), the new Japanese Steakhouse will be on the "ground floor," on the same level as the retail store. Some may remember the storage area behind the retail store was used for several months during the refurbishment. I would think this storage area, in addition to the new structure in the photo, will be the area for the new steakhouse. While not apparent in the photo, the roof for the new building is behind the scrim, meaning the restaurant is on the lower level.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom