News New Signature Restaurant for Japan Pavilion - Takumi-Tei

rreading

But that’s the demographic of guests that Disney is focusing on now. Instead of expanding more areas to spread out the crowds, their aim is to keep raising prices so high that average guests will stop visiting. Their eyes are glued to guests bank accounts and they want more. Only stating the obvious truth.

But there are still less-expensive options available. The rotisserie chicken with green beans and mashed potatoes at Cosmic Rays is a pretty good value and the food in The Land pavilion is good.

There have always been expensive places as well. V&A and the upscale restaurant above Chef's de France have been around for 20+ years. I imagine that California Grill has never been cheap. They definitely want to offer something that other places don't; and while someone mentioned it in a (I think) snarky vein, it truly is a place that we go to for the food and resorts in addition to (and maybe as much as) the rides.

Altogether they do intend to be a top-notch quality experience, and one that you can spend as little or as much as you want.

rreading

I went on the 8th at 8pm. We elected for the Omakase . The cost was 130 and they allowed the tables in wonderland discount. If we had elected for the Water room it would have been 160 ( No tables discount allowed) and includes 2 more dishes and a more varied menu. I was also told the water room menu would change more often.
We really enjoyed the whole experience . Very high level of service and care taken through out the whole meal. The only comparable experience in WDW from a service perspective is V&A chefs table. The theming in all the rooms and the traditional dress of the staff enhanced the experience. The meal was 2 1/2 hours.
The cocktails and food where all very good. But they are not going to blow the mind of anyone used to Michelin star dining or top restaurants in any Major US city. It is a stand out in terms of Disney. The value in WDW terms is very good, especially when considering the level of service.
I do wonder if they will be able to keep the menu as is considering what most theme park guests are willing to spend in money and time for a meal while at Epcot. I also feel the experience would be greatly diminished for me with small children and crowding. It really is for 10 and above like V&A in my opinion. The first 2 weeks most people didn't know the resturant existed and there was no easy way to make a reservation, so it stayed quiet and really special. I don't know if this resturant will work long term in it's present form and pricing in a theme park. That makes me sad. Go and enjoy before it changes.

I wonder if Tiffins will survive in the same vein. My family of four had been before and loved it (including a 8yo and 12yo); the last time we were there we took my parents as well and I was daunted by the offerings on the menu - they looked so exotic - but in the end everyone loved it! I hope that there are enough visitors brave enough to try it.

flyerjab

I wonder if Tiffins will survive in the same vein. My family of four had been before and loved it (including a 8yo and 12yo); the last time we were there we took my parents as well and I was daunted by the offerings on the menu - they looked so exotic - but in the end everyone loved it! I hope that there are enough visitors brave enough to try it.

IMHO, Tiffins is the best dining experience on property (not including V&A’s). My wife and I enjoy the signature dining experiences throughout property. For her and I, the best one-two-punch meal in park would be Satu’li Canteen for lunch and Tiffins for dinner, with after dinner coffee and cocktails at Nomad Lounge.

I am hoping Takumi-Tei is up at the top also regarding food quality, service and ambience. 23 days until we find out!

tirian

I disagree. WDW is not more expensive then a similar meal in Manhattan.

Heck... Eating out in many major metropolitan areas is just as expensive as inflated WDW prices at this point. Food has exploded in cost.
For fine dining, yes. For casual/quick service, no. Not close.

Ponderer

IMHO, Tiffins is the best dining experience on property (not including V&A’s). My wife and I enjoy the signature dining experiences throughout property. For her and I, the best one-two-punch meal in park would be Satu’li Canteen for lunch and Tiffins for dinner, with after dinner coffee and cocktails at Nomad Lounge.

We did the Satu'li/Tiffins combo on our last trip, and it was a wonderful food day.

jaklgreen

For fine dining, yes. For casual/quick service, no. Not close.

Have you been to a Panera lately? Disney sells sandwiches from $8-$12 depending on what kind. My local Panera sells their sandwiches from $7- $11. All Stars chicken and avocado sandwich with fries is $11.99. Panera's turkey and avocado sandwich with chips or baquette is $10.39. These are typical where I live. Maybe where you are is a bigger city where there is more competition and more distributors so the prices are lower. But food costs have gone up dramatically, this includes groceries, where I live. I live in a medium size city in the midwest.

Ponderer

Have you been to a Panera lately? Disney sells sandwiches from $8-$12 depending on what kind. My local Panera sells their sandwiches from $7- $11. All Stars chicken and avocado sandwich with fries is $11.99. Panera's turkey and avocado sandwich with chips or baquette is $10.39. These are typical where I live. Maybe where you are is a bigger city where there is more competition and more distributors so the prices are lower. But food costs have gone up dramatically, this includes groceries, where I live. I live in a medium size city in the midwest.

Similar here at the Panera / Chipotles / fast casual places here in a more rural pocket of Western MA.

jaxonp

Just ate there. Amazing service, typical of what you’d experience in Japan. Food was pretty good but very expensive. The menu is rather interesting for Disney. I hope they keep it. I don’t care for look of the restaurant. It feels like it was leftover storage space converted into a restaurant. Will be back one day but for the money I’d opt for Cali Grill still 9 out of 10 times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom