News New Signature Restaurant for Japan Pavilion - Takumi-Tei

crxbrett

Anyone remember the Benihana's that used to be in the Las Vegas Hilton years ago? I would love Disney to do something like that. It was great. There were giant talking buddhas, ponds and little pagoda gardens, birds singing and a fireworks (lights) show inside. I think the show could be seen in the '93 movie Indecent Proposal. I doubt that's what this new restaurant will be like, but just remembered that old Benihana and thought it would be fun to have something similar in EPCOT.

SpoiledBlueMilk

I hope they really do marry the natural with the artistic aspects of Japanese cuisine. The obvious choice is the Sakura festival - have a lot of the theming around cherry blossoms and nature.

NiarrNDisney

Anyone remember the Benihana's that used to be in the Las Vegas Hilton years ago? I would love Disney to do something like that. It was great. There were giant talking buddhas, ponds and little pagoda gardens, birds singing and a fireworks (lights) show inside. I think the show could be seen in the '93 movie Indecent Proposal. I doubt that's what this new restaurant will be like, but just remembered that old Benihana and thought it would be fun to have something similar in EPCOT.

There is a Benihana's in the Disney Springs Lake Buena Vista Hilton plus Teppan Edo is a Habachi style restaurant.

twilight mitsuk

That Benihana is still open and the hotel is now the Westgate Las Vegas

bhg469

Or maybe some kind of noodle restaurant, maybe in one of the theme parks...
I think they tried that with the tomorrowland terrace and it wasnt really popular unfortunately.
I never got to try it. I would definitely love a WDW version of bengal BBQ but anything I really love seems to go away. The pork shank for example. That was light years better than the turkey leg, that isnt saying much but the pork shank was legitimately a fantastic meal and extremely delicious, but its gone...

NiarrNDisney

I think they tried that with the tomorrowland terrace and it wasnt really popular unfortunately.
I never got to try it. I would definitely love a WDW version of bengal BBQ but anything I really love seems to go away. .

Love Bengal Barbecue the only thing close to it on the east coast is Harambe Market with their skewers and they are still different. I still think Tomorrowland Terrace should be a noodle bowl and sushi place. I used to love going there to get the Sushi snack box and have it with some Veggie rolls from the Adventureland Eggroll cart.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I never got to try it. I would definitely love a WDW version of bengal BBQ but anything I really love seems to go away. The pork shank for example. That was light years better than the turkey leg, that isnt saying much but the pork shank was legitimately a fantastic meal and extremely delicious, but its gone...
They were still serving it at 50's Prime Time in 2016... it was the "Blue Plate Special" the night we ate there.

bhg469

They were still serving it at 50's Prime Time in 2016... it was the "Blue Plate Special" the night we ate there.
Thats good to know, i just dont think i would order it at a sit down. It was nice to just grab one in the parks, especially since I am now a member of the ketogenic cult, it would be the perfect park food!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom