News New Signature Restaurant for Japan Pavilion - Takumi-Tei

Tom P.

Rides cost money...bars make money...

You’ll keep coming either way.

WDW Econ 101
Then why does Pandora have rides and not just restaurants?

Why does Toy Story Land have rides and not just restaurants?

Why does Star Wars Land have rides and not just restaurants?

Why is a Guardians of the Galaxy coaster going into Epcot instead of another new restaurant?

Why is the Tron coaster going into Magic Kingdom instead of another new restaurant?

Why is the Ratatouille ride going into the France pavilion at Epcot instead of another restaurant?

I could go on, but the point is that your argument is simply not true. Disney is investing massive amounts of money into the development of a ton of new rides throughout Walt Disney World. If they felt that people would keep coming without them, and that it was as simple as "rides cost money, bars make money" then none of that development would be happening.

The fact that Disney continues to add new restaurants, and yes even the fact that Disney continues to add new restaurants that some think are unneeded, does not mean that they are ignoring development of new rides and other attractions.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Then why does Pandora have rides and not just restaurants?

Why does Toy Story Land have rides and not just restaurants?

Why does Star Wars Land have rides and not just restaurants?

Why is a Guardians of the Galaxy coaster going into Epcot instead of another new restaurant?

Why is the Tron coaster going into Magic Kingdom instead of another new restaurant?

Why is the Ratatouille ride going into the France pavilion at Epcot instead of another restaurant?

I could go on, but the point is that your argument is simply not true. Disney is investing massive amounts of money into the development of a ton of new rides throughout Walt Disney World. If they felt that people would keep coming without them, and that it was as simple as "rides cost money, bars make money" then none of that development would be happening.

The fact that Disney continues to add new restaurants, and yes even the fact that Disney continues to add new restaurants that some think are unneeded, does not mean that they are ignoring development of new rides and other attractions.

You’re not serious here, are you?

The “but,but, but...” argument cherry picks only a part of the scenario...

Espn is collapsing with disney’s Profits (gets worse every week) and therefore they have to be able to get more people and charge more In Orlando. Maybe everyone reading this doesn’t know that...but it’s a pretty simple reality to grasp.

Rides DO cost money...and they’ll only do it when their models/analysis says that the angle will work on the other end...so lagging mgm and animal kingdom - and Epcot for that matters - makes it a simple operational necessity. But don’t get crazy or throw ticker tape. You will pay...as we all are...for that. They did almost nothing for a decade and everyone asked for rides...it didn’t make a dent there because they were repositioning for higher pricing. And here we are in that beautiful reality. Magic.

And besides, in this case, as others have mentioned ‘mitsukoski is likely footing the bill. And management is more than Ok with that.

jakeman

Public traded international companies...you know...

(Guess you don’t 🤡 )
Oh you got me there.

Because Disney is an international company, they descided to put a new restaurant in one pavilion of one theme park of one resort of one continent of division of one branch of the company to offset the lesser than the past profits of the entirety of another branch of the company.

Yep...you really got it all figured out. That doesn't sound silly at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh you got me there.

Because Disney is an international company, they descided to put a new restaurant in one pavilion of one theme park of one resort of one continent of division of one branch of the company to offset the lesser than the past profits of the entirety of another branch of the company.

Yep...you really got it all figured out. That doesn't sound silly at all.

No...of course not...a restaurant doesn’t need any of that, silly man...

But when “why don’t they build the mt. Fuji Ride WE WERE PROMISED!?!” Comes in...then it gets real. Check the tape.

Minor diversion.

I think on this, Disney’s very lucrative, cooperative Japanese partners say they want to throw some scratch...they bow and say thanks.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
. And here we are in that beautiful reality.

Ahh yes, the beautiful reality that Disney is investing heavily all over the resort. How dare they! If you want to argue about the types of investments they are making and rides they are building (maybe you don't think they fit the theme, are too kiddy, whatever), sure. If you want to discuss the fact that they basically let DHS sit there for years without investment, sure. But dismissing or ignoring the fact that they are now investing in new areas, lands, rides, restaurants and shops (and have so for a few years now) all over the resort just comes across as a bit silly. I know their spending doesn't fit your narrative, but it is right in front of your face...whether you like it or not. And all that spending...in spite of ESPN.

jakeman

No...of course not...a restaurant doesn’t need any of that, silly man...

But when “why don’t they build the mt. Fuji Ride WE WERE PROMISED!?!” Comes in...then it gets real. Check the tape.

Minor diversion.

I think on this, Disney’s very lucrative, cooperative Japanese partners say they want to throw some scratch...they bow and say thanks.
Considering the Mt. Fuji ride was promised well before Disney owned ESPN, I would doubt those two are linked, but then again, I'm not obsessed with ESPN like you and your ilk are.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Considering the Mt. Fuji ride was promised well before Disney owned ESPN, I would doubt those two are linked, but then again, I'm not obsessed with ESPN like you and your ilk are.
images(10).jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ahh yes, the beautiful reality that Disney is investing heavily all over the resort. How dare they! If you want to argue about the types of investments they are making and rides they are building (maybe you don't think they fit the theme, are too kiddy, whatever), sure. If you want to discuss the fact that they basically let DHS sit there for years without investment, sure. But dismissing or ignoring the fact that they are now investing in new areas, lands, rides, restaurants and shops (and have so for a few years now) all over the resort just comes across as a bit silly. I know their spending doesn't fit your narrative, but it is right in front of your face...whether you like it or not. And all that spending...in spite of ESPN.

Investment is for multiple reasons...some good and some jury out.

What I find funny is the resistance to disagreement and spurring of conflict. That doesn’t seem to benefit anyone or increase the civility...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I have no ilk...

And those obsessed with espn are institutional investors...mostly...

If only I cound he one of those..😍

jakeman

I have no ilk...

And those obsessed with espn are institutional investors...mostly...

If only I cound he one of those..😍
Okay...you're trying to make the case that adding a restaurant to the Japan Pavilion in Epcot is because revenue is down at ESPN.

That sounds a bit obsessive to me.

But you do you, or whatever version of you this is. I personally liked your previous incarnation better.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I like this. Hoping that it spreads. Germany needs a TS option. Biergarten is good, but I'd like a place I can order a cooked-to-order piece of veal or Schnitzel. America NEEDS a Signature Restaurant (I'd vote for sit down BBQ). Norway could use one as well.

I want nothing to do with the Disney version of BBQ. Because I’ve had the slop they claim to be such food, and it is nothing of the sort.

True BBQ takes HOURS to cook, and needs to be cooked slow, and low, and can be labor intensive. It isn’t fast or easy, both qualities that WDW looks at when slinging grub. Remember folks, there is a BBQ, and then there’s a cook-out. To mix the two up is a mortal sin in my part of the country.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I want nothing to do with the Disney version of BBQ. Because I’ve had the slop they claim to be such food, and it is nothing of the sort.

True BBQ takes HOURS to cook, and needs to be cooked slow, and low, and can be labor intensive. It isn’t fast or easy, both qualities that WDW looks at when slinging grub. Remember folks, there is a BBQ, and then there’s a cook-out. To mix the two up is a mortal sin in my part of the country.

Not expecting to get Franklin's, Hard Eights or even Pecan Lodge. But there are plenty of decent BBQ places in Florida (Polite Pig being one). I'm sure Disney would be able to figure it out and provide a respectable BBQ joint....if they wanted to.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Not expecting to get Franklin's, Hard Eights or even Pecan Lodge. But there are plenty of decent BBQ places in Florida (Polite Pig being one). I'm sure Disney would be able to figure it out and provide a respectable BBQ joint....if they wanted to.

Maybe I’m just ignorant, but I won’t go to a place that charges what Polite Pig charges for BBQ - on top of that their cocktails are pre mixed and on tap which bothers me more than their BBQ prices. It shouldn’t cost me $75+ for me and my wife to eat good BBQ. That’s one of the reasons I won’t go back to Fox Bros in Atlanta.

But yes, Florida does have some decent BBQ options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom