News New Signature Restaurant for Japan Pavilion - Takumi-Tei

MrPromey

I know everyone is stuck on the idea of that coaster but the one country where a flat screen/animatronic combo attraction would most naturally fit is Japan. Imagine it starting out kind of like a classic future world ride featuring the proud history of Japan, segueing into giant fictional robots and monsters attacking/protecting Tokio and then ending with lifesized non-fictionalized robots... and Mario*... and maybe it could exit into a cat petting lounge.

But seriously, take a look at that shop and how it runs the gamut from classic traditional to almost a tacky reverence for pop-culture. That contrast that seems like it shouldn't work is one of the things that makes Japan so unique and intriguing and I think if Disney was allowed to lean into that, they'd have a hit on a budget everyone involved could probably stomach.

*Yeah, no Mario, I guess...

AndyS2992

Completely unecessary. The Japan pavilion already has:
-Tokyo Dining
-Teppan Edo
-Katsura Grill
-Kabuki Cafe
-Garden House
That’s five food places already, it does not need another. If they want the pavilion to be a huge crowd puller then build that long awaited Fuji coaster now that Kodak is out of the picture.

aladdin2007

not sure this is needed... but... money talks

agree, and since Disney doesn't have to pay for it well there ya go, meanwhile other locations go without attention that could use some instead, but they dont have the backing as much like Mitsukoshi. The exact location of this sure is staying under wraps still it seems.

ABQ

If it's safe to assume that Mitsukoshi is essentially the backer of this project, then I have zero reason to complain that this is being done in Japan and something else isn't being done by WDW in some other nation's pavilion. If Mitsukoshi wants it, and they're backing it, then why complain at all? Nothing is being removed, as far as I can tell, that diminishes the value of the location. Complaining that this is going in and somehow because of that, the never built Mt Fuji coaster isn't, is a bit silly to say the least.

Karakasa

This is both exciting and disappointing all at once. Getting a new restaurant is always cool, but at the same time... An actual attraction would be better, and knowing WDW management, they'll consider the Japan pavillion "done" for ten years or so.... While a D or E ticket style dark ride or the infamous mountain coaster would be preferred, I'll take an Impressions du France style movie too. Maybe just a revamped version of Meet the World if they want.
I know everyone is stuck on the idea of that coaster but the one country where a flat screen/animatronic combo attraction would most naturally fit is Japan. Imagine it starting out kind of like a classic future world ride featuring the proud history of Japan, segueing into giant fictional robots and monsters attacking/protecting Tokio and then ending with lifesized non-fictionalized robots... and Mario*... and maybe it could exit into a cat petting lounge.

But seriously, take a look at that shop and how it runs the gamut from classic traditional to almost a tacky reverence for pop-culture. That contrast that seems like it shouldn't work is one of the things that makes Japan so unique and intriguing and I think if Disney was allowed to lean into that, they'd have a hit on a budget everyone involved could probably stomach.

*Yeah, no Mario, I guess...
They might not be able to use Mario but they could absolutely use Pikachu- while tPCi is partially owned by Nintendo, tPCi could still license out rights to without Nintendo getting a look in. At least, that's how I understand it. Of course if the rumored Pokemon Land is true, maybe that's just not happening.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I like this. Hoping that it spreads. Germany needs a TS option. Biergarten is good, but I'd like a place I can order a cooked-to-order piece of veal or Schnitzel. America NEEDS a Signature Restaurant (I'd vote for sit down BBQ). Norway could use one as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I like this. Hoping that it spreads. Germany needs a TS option. Biergarten is good, but I'd like a place I can order a cooked-to-order piece of veal or Schnitzel. America NEEDS a Signature Restaurant (I'd vote for sit down BBQ). Norway could use one as well.

A restaurant in the American pavilion would be welcome. I can’t see them ever doing an a la carte German restaurant...the people want boring...hence the line out front of le cellier

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

If it's safe to assume that Mitsukoshi is essentially the backer of this project, then I have zero reason to complain that this is being done in Japan and something else isn't being done by WDW in some other nation's pavilion. If Mitsukoshi wants it, and they're backing it, then why complain at all? Nothing is being removed, as far as I can tell, that diminishes the value of the location. Complaining that this is going in and somehow because of that, the never built Mt Fuji coaster isn't, is a bit silly to say the least.
^^
Agreed with everything you’ve said. That’s why Italy has so many restaurant offerings and Morocco got a new lagoon side venue, because the host companies paid for them, not Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom