New Sign installed at new Art of Animation Resort

gamedude

Original Poster
New Sign installed at new Art of Animation Resort - Photo -

The new giant sign was installed at the Art of Animation Resort. The sign really does look wonderful.

mrq119304LARGE.jpg

Credit to Walt Disney World for photo
Last week, Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) put the finishing touches on the new resort’s marquee. Measuring in at 46 feet, six inches, the resort’s sign now holds the record as the largest freestanding marquee at Walt Disney World Resort. (Incidentally, it’s 18 inches taller than the famous “HOLLYWOOD” sign in Los Angeles, Calif.).
The photo, supplied by WDI, shows three layers of development the marquee went through in its creation – from digital design, to model, to full-scale installation.
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, which will feature four wings dedicated to popular films Finding Nemo, Cars, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid, will open in phases beginning May 31.

Source

DonaldDoleWhip

Cool pic. While I wish Disney would start building non-value and non-DVC resorts again, I think Art of Animation looks better than the existing values. I don't know if I'll ever stay there, but I certainly plan on trying the food court. :)

RalphinSC

Cool pic. While I wish Disney would start building non-value and non-DVC resorts again, I think Art of Animation looks better than the existing values. I don't know if I'll ever stay there, but I certainly plan on trying the food court. :)

We're actually staying at PoP the week AoA opens this year. You can bet I'll whistle my way over there to try their food court out a time or two. :drevil:

gallerie

This would have been a great opportunity to make a huge Animated sign like the old neon signs of yesteryear. But this one looks great anyway...!

montyz81

It would have been interesting if they made a sign that showed the process of animation. Perhaps a big lcd screen that animates the name of the resort.

hpyhnt 1000

Well, the sign looks... decent. Sorry, but I can't help but think that of all the things that the Blog could have taken a picture of, they choose to highlight a new hotel entrance sign? I mean, when was the last time we had a look at anything to do with the FLE? Or how about a sneak peak at planning for this year's F&G Festival? Heck, why not give us a more complete look at AoA and how work has been progressing?

But yeah...what a decent looking sign.

Rob562

For those that didn't notice, this doesn't appear to be the sign by the road, but rather the large one that sits in front of the covered DME bus dropoff area and luggage services desk. Over at Pop they have the large red POP "explosion" logo in this spot.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom