New Show coming to DHS?

Gringrinngghost

Original Poster
Behind the Thrills is reporting through an Periscope video that Disney has started sound testing for a new projection show called "Disney Movie Magic". They are saying that it will start before Star Wars' firework show.

From the Article:
Here’s the list as described by the feed:
1: Announcer: “Disney’s Hollywood Studios present: Disney Movie Magic”
2: Orchestra playing “When You Wish Upon A Star”
3: Walt’s voice
4: Orchestra playing the prologue from Beauty and the Beast and “tale as old as time”
5: Pirates of the Caribbean
6: Indiana Jones
7: Guardians of the galaxy (Possibly)
8: The Rocketeer
9: When You Wish Upon a Star

Source: http://www.behindthethrills.com/2017/05/disneys-hollywood-studios-testing-new-projection-show/

djkidkaz

I think of it like anything, too much of a good thing can also be bad. If the Tree of Life Awakenings were the only projection show in town it would be this wow, amazing must watch addition to the parks night time entertainment but IMO it's just another projection show like the ones I see at MK and even already at DHS with Star Wars fireworks. I personally prefer to keep things as individualistic to each park as possible.

CaptainAmerica

I think of it like anything, too much of a good thing can also be bad. If the Tree of Life Awakenings were the only projection show in town it would be this wow, amazing must watch addition to the parks night time entertainment but IMO it's just another projection show like the ones I see at MK and even already at DHS with Star Wars fireworks. I personally prefer to keep things as individualistic to each park as possible.
So if tomorrow they announce a brand new Mount Fuji Roller Coaster coming to Epcot, you're going to complain that it's inappropriate because there are already roller coasters in the other three parks? Because that's exactly the argument you're making.

huwar18

I think that would be a pretty cool show. Why not use their other movie properties in a show. I think Hollywood Studios is the best place for this. Maybe it will keep these properties out of the other parks. Also, I love the Rocketeer. It is one of my favorite Disney movies.

wdwfan4ver

I actually support having a night time projection show at DHS since they do at MK and AK already. I do have a problem with the spacing between Fantasmic and the Star Wars Firework show and this would make it worse.

Fantasmic starts 30 minutes before the Star War fireworks show beginnings the way it is currently. I would think doing a projection show would decrease the amount of guests wanting to rush from Fantasmic to Star Wars Fireworks shows by having guests skip Fantasmic or leave Fantasmic very early.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Behind the Thrills is reporting through an Periscope video that Disney has started sound testing for a new projection show called "Disney Movie Magic". They are saying that it will start before Star Wars' firework show.

From the Article:
Here’s the list as described by the feed:
1: Announcer: “Disney’s Hollywood Studios present: Disney Movie Magic”
2: Orchestra playing “When You Wish Upon A Star”
3: Walt’s voice
4: Orchestra playing the prologue from Beauty and the Beast and “tale as old as time”
5: Pirates of the Caribbean
6: Indiana Jones
7: Guardians of the galaxy (Possibly)
8: The Rocketeer
9: When You Wish Upon a Star

Source: http://www.behindthethrills.com/2017/05/disneys-hollywood-studios-testing-new-projection-show/
You had me at Pirates of the Caribbean

CaptainAmerica

I actually support having a night time project show at DHS since they do at MK and AK already. I do have a problem with the spacing between Fantasmic and the Star Wars Firework show and this would make it worse.

Fantasmic starts 30 minutes before the Star War fireworks show beginnings the way it is currently. I would think doing a projection show would decrease the amount of guests wanting to rush from Fantasmic to Star Wars Fireworks shows by having guests skip Fantasmic or leave Fantasmic very early.
Does Disney really intend for you to do both? I was always under the impression that you were kind of "supposed" to pick one or the other.

wdwfan4ver

Does Disney really intend for you to do both? I was always under the impression that you were kind of "supposed" to pick one or the other.
I've seen live Disney streamings that showed people trying to do both on the same night. I've seen them miss the final scene of the fantasmic show matter of fact. They are not the only ones I've seen this type of behavior. The live streamings show people not part of the streaming doing the same thing.

Last edited:

Notes from Neverland

I've seen live Disney streamings that showed people trying to do both on the same night. I've seen them miss the final scene of the fantasmic show matter of fact.

In February, I'd say about half the crowd for Fantasmic left as soon as the boat came out with all the characters to go get a spot for Star Wars. I really don't understand why they schedule those quite as close as they do.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
My cats food bowl is projection mapping. He gets upset when he cant actually eat it. Then i give him real food.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"If we can tick all our check boxes, it'll be hit with guests!!! Old dead guy reference? Check. Old movie stuff? Check. New movie stuff? Check. Marvel inclusion? Check. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a hit on our hands, let's do it!"

Not sure how I feel about projection-only shows like this. I mean, the projection stuff is cool, but to me, they have the feel of "let's fool hoards of guests into thinking they are having a good time while keeping them away from the limited number of rides in DHS".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom