New Rule: For orders placed after 10/1, guests must be present to meet mobility vendor deliverypersons

BigThunderMatt

You’re paying very high resort rates for Disney’s “world renowned” service....

Yes, but you didn't pay them for the groceries they are holding onto for you and you're fooling yourself if you think the ire of the average guest doing this isn't going to be with Bell Services if something is wrong with that order. Best to just get out of this game entirely unless Disney suddenly plans to develop an exclusive partnership with Instacart. This is independent of all the other random crap guests ship ahead of their arrival that they expect the resorts to just safeguard for them until they arrive.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Because that would benefit them how? Maybe if their prices were a bit more in the galaxy called "Reasonable" people wouldn't have so much stuff delivered. We just cut out the middle man and go to Target/WalMart/Publix ourselves. :)
I honestly do not think it would make much difference.

I have been going to the parks since the mid-70's and people have always brought in outside food to try and offset costs. This is just another case of "Why we can't have nice things anymore".

nickys

Premium Member
Because when you’re paying $700/night, it’s unreasonable to expect Bell Services to accept an item for you as a courtesy.

Ugh.

Glad my kids are aging out of the stroller.

Important to note anyone who BOOKS before 10/1 can still pick up and drop off at bell services.

I think the issue is more to do with storing them. Many are lined up outside at the kerbside Bell Services positions, without cover, waiting for guests. That in itself leads to security issues, even ignoring reports of missing keys to ECVs etc.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Because when you’re paying $700/night, it’s unreasonable to expect Bell Services to accept an item for you as a courtesy.

Ugh.

Glad my kids are aging out of the stroller.

Important to note anyone who BOOKS before 10/1 can still pick up and drop off at bell services.
Item; Yes.

4 cases of water and a full week of groceries; Not so much.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
This does not apply to Owner’s Locker.

KtP have updated the article, and Owner’s Locker have specifically confirmed it does not affect them.

What's KtP? (I saw the Kingdom Strollers video on a Disney-related Facebook page. That was all the information I had so I shared it. I didn't see any article or updates, so if the information was incomplete or has changed, please link to it if you can.) If my initial post was misleading or is no longer accurate, I should go back and update it.

EDIT: Googled it. Kenny the Pirate!

BigThunderMatt

Item; Yes.

4 cases of water and a full week of groceries; Not so much.

Exactly. Most guests aren't shipping just one thing. The strollers/EVC's are just the tip of the iceberg and most of these resorts do not have the storage capacity or the staff to handle all of this and outside of a POTENTIAL tip for Bell Services there is no financial incentive for them to do this.

nickys

Premium Member
What's KtP? (I saw the Kingdom Strollers video on a Disney-related Facebook page. That was all the information I had so I shared it. I didn't see any article or updates, so if the information was incomplete or has changed, please link to it if you can.) If my initial post was misleading or is no longer accurate, I should go back and update it.

EDIT: Googled it. Kenny the Pirate!

Yep!

KtP broke the news, and Kingdom Strollers just happen to be a board sponsor. Initially the article specifically included Owner’s Locker and implied all types of outside vendor including groceries.

This is a link to the article:

iowamomof4

So for now, it only affects mobility devices (scooters, strollers, etc...) and not grocery delivery or Amazon Prime or things like that? Wonder how long it'll be before they expand it to ALL outside deliveries?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So for now, it only affects mobility devices (scooters, strollers, etc...) and not grocery delivery or Amazon Prime or things like that? Wonder how long it'll be before they expand it to ALL outside deliveries?
The verbiage in the OP states "outside vendor deliveries".

If that is correct, I would take it to mean all deliveries.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster

The exact language from the video is (although preceded with the caveat that "this information is 'very fluid' right now"): "Now all outside vendors will have to meet their guests face to face" for pickup and delivery.

However, the video was made by a mobility rental company for the benefit of their customers and affiliates, so it is very possible that the speaker really just meant, "all outside vendors who rent strollers and scooters like we do." Without access to a copy of the new policy, it's hard to guess how broadly it will be applied (and/or whether it's just the first step in a policy that will eventually become vendor-wide). The article to which @nickys linked now says the KS video was overbroad, and the new policy is just for mobility vendors.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

Except that the video is wrong, and the site that actually broke the news has admitted as much.

I think Kingdom Strollers misinterpreted things to mean all outside vendors instead of all outside mobility device vendors.

None of the grocery companies have yet said anything. Owner’s Locker are not affected.

GusEzra

From what I understand is they are not stopping from having you have stuff delivered its you just have to be there for the delivery and sign for it your self which to me seems counter productive for Disney so now instead of having people spend their first day doing something like visit a park they are more then likely going to stay around the resort waiting for their delivery. I mean thats what i would do, it would save me from getting another day of park tickets normally we get off the ME and head to the park while our room luggage and stuff is all sorted now i can see just not doing that and hanging around the resort

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The exact language from the video is (although preceded with the caveat that "this information is 'very fluid' right now"): "Now all outside vendors will have to meet their guests face to face" for pickup and delivery.

However, the video was made by a mobility rental company for the benefit of their customers and affiliates, so it is very possible that the speaker really just meant, "all outside vendors who rent strollers and scooters like we do." Without access to a copy of the new policy, it's hard to guess how broadly it will be applied (and/or whether it's just the first step in a policy that will eventually become vendor-wide). The article to which @nickys linked now says the KS video was overbroad, and the new policy is just for mobility vendors.
Except that the video is wrong, and the site that actually broke the news has admitted as much.

I think Kingdom Strollers misinterpreted things to mean all outside vendors instead of all outside mobility device vendors.

None of the grocery companies have yet said anything. Owner’s Locker are not affected.
I am beginning to wonder if this is going to be another "TSA bans the Coke Bottles from SW:GE" story.

PolynesianPrincess

People should have to be there to accept their delivery. You know darn straight if someone received their delivery of groceries and they weren't right, they would go right after bell services for it. DME baggage is one thing. They already have full rooms of people storing their luggage they brought because their room isn't ready and people storing bags after checkout while they head to the parks ahead of their DME. Add in strollers, scooters, groceries, etc... that's a LOT of stuff to handle.

We ordered some stuff from Von's when we were staying at Paradise Pier in Disneyland and we had to be there to accept the delivery. I also worked for a company called Shipt and we would always deliver a customers order between the hour they requested. If someone chose to order through Shipt, it wouldn't be that hard for them to plan for the delivery and be at the resort for that one hour delivery window. I'm actually surprised it's taken Disney this long to change this.

pdude81

People should have to be there to accept their delivery. You know darn straight if someone received their delivery of groceries and they weren't right, they would go right after bell services for it. DME baggage is one thing. They already have full rooms of people storing their luggage they brought because their room isn't ready and people storing bags after checkout while they head to the parks ahead of their DME. Add in strollers, scooters, groceries, etc... that's a LOT of stuff to handle.

We ordered some stuff from Von's when we were staying at Paradise Pier in Disneyland and we had to be there to accept the delivery. I also worked for a company called Shipt and we would always deliver a customers order between the hour they requested. If someone chose to order through Shipt, it wouldn't be that hard for them to plan for the delivery and be at the resort for that one hour delivery window. I'm actually surprised it's taken Disney this long to change this.

Yeah, and they should have to go pick up their own food from the restaurant and meet the pizza guy in the parking lot. No more room service. Damn lazy consumers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom