New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

DisAl

What makes you think the food quality will be 90%...If Rizzo's Pizza is any indication, expect reheated, factory made meals
What I am saying is that good food is much more important to me than atmosphere. If the food isn't good I don't care if they have gold plated tables and silk napkins, I won't go. I am hoping it will be real BBQ and not something out of the freezer or a can.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It’s a gorgeous looking warehouse for something that should have been built from day one had the lands budget not been.... creative. Better late than never but it won’t win any awards. If it should is certainly debatable. Perhaps the DAK rainforest cafe effect will work.

Just make the food affordable and tables
available.

Last edited:

MrPromey

It’s a gorgeous looking warehouse for something that should have been built from day one had the lands budget not been.... creative. Better late than never but it won’t win any awards. If it should is certainly debatable. Perhaps the DAK rainforest cafe effect will work.

Just make the food affordable and tables
available.

Rainforest got a much better looking warehouse, though! ;)

drew81

I thought Roundup was supposed to kill weeds?

:oops:

By weeds are you referring to the poor decision makin', ego driven and shortsighted WDW Management Team? The ones that cut significant characters/shows when the times were good? The ones that decided that stale status quo hard ticket parties were fine and then let #ThePirate ruin Fantasmic pm sets?

;)

MrPromey

By weeds are you referring to the poor decision makin', ego driven and shortsighted WDW Management Team? The ones that cut significant characters/shows when the times were good? The ones that decided that stale status quo hard ticket parties were fine and then let #ThePirate ruin Fantasmic pm sets?

;)

You know, that's actually what concerns me.

They got away with so much in the way of upcharge offerings, price add-ons, and cutbacks when the parks and the company were already in great financial condition and so many people gave them a pass for it.

"These upcharge events are totally worth it!" "All other hotels charge extra for parking", "I never really liked 'x' that was cut, anyway - glad it's gone!"

I wonder how much further they'll go now that they are in a time when they actually need it and how much grace they'll be given when doing it this time.

Night shows being cut due to social distancing issues make sense but I already see people arguing "how can you expect them to be able to afford that when they're already losing so much money?"

Thing is, for a consumer paying the same price as before the cut, that doesn't and shouldn't matter.

Same with the rationalization that with limited attendance, the parks are more enjoyable and doable so that somehow makes up for it.

Does it really? Is being able to do the things you paid to do without extra hassle and crowding now something that should be considered a limited time bonus perk?

Again, during these times, all bets are off and it's hard to judge them for how they run their business through all of this but once the pandemic is under control, it's going to be very interesting to see Disney's next move and how the public reacts to it.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You know, that's actually what concerns me.

They got away with so much in the way of upcharge offerings, price add-ons, and cutbacks when the parks and the company were already in great financial condition and so many people gave them a pass for it.

"These upcharge events are totally worth it!" "All other hotels charge extra for parking", "I never really liked 'x' that was cut, anyway - glad it's gone!"

I wonder how much further they'll go now that they are in a time when they actually need it and how much grace they'll be given when doing it this time.

Night shows being cut due to social distancing issues make sense but I already see people arguing "how can you expect them to be able to afford that when they're already losing so much money?"

Thing is, for a consumer paying the same price as before the cut, that doesn't and shouldn't matter.

Same with the rationalization that with limited attendance, the parks are more enjoyable and doable so that somehow makes up for it.

Does it really? Is being able to do the things you paid to do without extra hassle and crowding now something that should be considered a limited time bonus perk?

Again, during these times, all bets are off and it's hard to judge them for how they run their business through all of this but once the pandemic is under control, it's going to be very interesting to see Disney's next move and how the public reacts to it.
Slightly related - when DLP reopened the Lucky Nugget Salon went from a QSR in a nice environment to a €49 Scheduled meal of food not much better than a QSR which included a short stage performance. Since TWDC took overall ownership of DLP there was concern the remaining European operational differences would slowly be eroded. Things like this were a prime example. However guests voted with their wallets and voices in City Hall and from next week the salon goes back to a normal QSR.

DisAl

Back when I would have eaten BBQ, pretty sure mis-matched tables and rolls of paper towels were a requirement for a real BBQ joint.
You are absolutely correct! At least in the deep south where I live. And if there is not a hickory fired pit it's not real BBQ.
Some of the best BBQ places you would not even go in if it were not for BBQ so good if you accidentally get some on your forehead your tongue will slap your brains out trying to get at it.....

Bocabear

I think "Authentic American BBQ "is not the goal here at all... A Family BBQ style restaurant as imagined by Andy for his toys would probably be design principle, but the whole area is just that, and none of it feel like an engaging atmosphere I would want to spend more time in... Yes the TSM Queue is cute...but I don't want to eat there.
Now if they used the projection technology from MMRR, and created a Pixar "western" setting with Woody and Sally and Pals animated and moving through the environment from time to time...an engaging atmosphere that could be altered for seasons and times of day, a combination of live set and projections...instead of cardboard cutout toys, then I would say, Yeah! That looks like a cool place I would want to go and have a meal, and would be a "Must Do" eclipsing Sci Fi Drive IN and Prime Time Cafe.
1596821530572.png

Magic Feather

This is a question for those with more knowledge of construction for food/bev vs. retail, but given how far along this project is at the moment, how difficult would you imagine it to be to convert this project into a gift shop.

Admittedly Dining and Retail are both things that WDW don’t need new ones of at the moment, but it’s still a curious thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom