New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

Kman101

Guests: There's nowhere to sit in Toy Story Land. There's not enough seating at the food stand. There's no indoor space with AC.

Disney: Honey, if you give us $45 per person we'll give you all that and more!

LOL yep! Wouldn't want it to be a quick service everyone can walk into ... go sweat in the line with two registers and a long extended queue ... have a magical day!

While a table service will draw *some* folks away and into it, this doesn't technically solve the issue of lack of seating with Woody's Lunchbox and the lack of shade in the rest of the land.

Not surprised it's a TS restaurant ($$) ... still helps the land though (though not quite how they think)

ToTBellHop

Just because I think a restaurant rendering looks like a crappy concept, does not mean I hate TSL. I actually like the mini-land and find the art direction charming! Eating inside a box with just more oversized s*i$ is not captivating like Sci-fi or prime time.
Every TSR is a box (i.e. a building) and the aesthetic is the same as literally the entire land. But of course you’re allowed to be underwhelmed.

JohnD

So basically this is the original plan that's come back? The land really needs this, I didn't get why it was cut in the first place. IMO every land should have one sit down, one qs, and at the very least 3 attractions.

To redirect resources to SW:GE and have another guest area open before SW:GE opens. With SW:GE opening in several months they can move on with other projects.

mikejs78

Premium Member
A hit? Or just the fact it is something new after years of nothing. I think you could put a few trampolines and an inflatable slide and there would have been people lining up.

I know several people who have gone to Disney post-TSL opening. Without exception, every single one raved about TSL. They loved it. I went in Feb, my family loved it. Slinky is my son's current favorite ride.

There are seven (?) attractions in the park, four of which are suitable for young children.

DHS has 15 attractions.

6 Rides:
AS2
SDD
ToT
RnRC
ST
TSM

8 shows:
BatB
FSL
Indy
Cars
Dis Jr
One Man's Dream
Muppets 3D
Little Mermaid

Plus Launch Bay

Not counting meet and greets and entertainment.

Does need more rides for the younger set though, or a playground.

I don't see what the problem is here. DHS and TSL needed another table service option, and TSL needed some more indoor space with air conditioning. This provides that without taking anything away. What's not to like?

It's something modern Disney is doing. Therefore, someone will complain about it.

Club Cooloholic

I know several people who have gone to Disney post-TSL opening. Without exception, every single one raved about TSL. They loved it. I went in Feb, my family loved it. Slinky is my son's current favorite ride.

DHS has 15 attractions.

6 Rides:
AS2
SDD
ToT
RnRC
ST
TSM

8 shows:
BatB
FSL
Indy
Cars
Dis Jr
One Man's Dream
Muppets 3D
Little Mermaid

Plus Launch Bay

Not counting meet and greets and entertainment.

Does need more rides for the younger set though, or a playground.

It's something modern Disney is doing. Therefore, someone will complain about it.
Its interesting because I heard differently from friends of mine that were kinda underwhelmed by it. But as they say different strokes for different folks. I will experience it first hand in June and from what I hear it is worth going to in both the day and at night. I did experience the Shanghai Version last year, I hope it is much more immersive than that one, which given the park has a lot more to compete with it vs DHS. In Shanghai it was pretty quiet vs other lands and clearly not the most popular area of the park.

ToTBellHop

Its interesting because I heard differently from friends of mine that were kinda underwhelmed by it. But as they say different strokes for different folks. I will experience it first hand in June and from what I hear it is worth going to in both the day and at night. I did experience the Shanghai Version last year, I hope it is much more immersive than that one, which given the park has a lot more to compete with it vs DHS was pretty quiet and clearly not the most popular area of the park.
The general guest opinion is that the rides are wonderful but waiting is unpleasant due to lack of shade and a/c while food options in the general vicinity are quite lacking (TSL and beyond—it’s a bit of a hike to dining locations with adequate capacity). They are working to address those concerns.

Missing20K

I mean it certainly fits thematically. If you don’t like the theme, you don’t like the land as a whole. Guests seem to think TSL is a hit. This will absolutely improve guest reviews as it’s air-conditioned. I know we will eat here.
I'm not sure why being in Andy's backyard instantly means even more cardboard cutouts. There are certainly other ways to thematically tie the restaurant into the land without resorting to faux cardboard. The Woody's Roundup toy set you posted even has more going on in terms of story than the concept art shown.

I know there are christmas lights in the rest of the land, and it's a "child playing in the backyard" story, but I still can't for the life of me figure out how they fit in. I remember walking through the DSP version and thinking "this is pretty fun, but why the christmas lights?" Did I miss something in the movies? Do parents let their children play with christmas lights all year round these days?

ToTBellHop

I'm not sure why being in Andy's backyard instantly means even more cardboard cutouts. There are certainly other ways to thematically tie the restaurant into the land without resorting to faux cardboard. The Woody's Roundup toy set you posted even has more going on in terms of story than the concept art shown.

I know there are christmas lights in the rest of the land, and it's a "child playing in the backyard" story, but I still can't for the life of me figure out how they fit in. I remember walking through the DSP version and thinking "this is pretty fun, but why the christmas lights?" Did I miss something in the movies? Do parents let their children play with christmas lights all year round these days?
Yes, some parents do. We are to believe a creative boy like Andy, in the 90s, might have raided the basement for his creations. With 2010s helicopter parenting, it would never happen now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom