New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

J4546

You know, Toy Story Land gets so much hate on these boards, but when I was there back in October my friend who has never been to Disney World thought it was the most whimsical land. She thought the theming was above and beyond everything else in Orlando.
yeah on here people hate it but in person it seems like a lot of people love it, i like it though i can see room for improvements and think SDD is fun for what it is. When the bbq opens that will def plus the land in a big way and hopefuly als toy barn isnt too far behind

_caleb

You know, Toy Story Land gets so much hate on these boards, but when I was there back in October my friend who has never been to Disney World thought it was the most whimsical land. She thought the theming was above and beyond everything else in Orlando.
Those of us who are less than impressed with Toy Story Land are comparing it to what Walt Disney Imagineering used to be capable of. I’m sure if she never experienced a lot of that stuff, Toy Story Land might seem “above and beyond.”

Stupido

Those of us who are less than impressed with Toy Story Land are comparing it to what Walt Disney Imagineering used to be capable of. I’m sure if she never experienced a lot of that stuff, Toy Story Land might seem “above and beyond.”
Absolutely! We experienced Toy Story Land at night time, during a comfortably chill kind of night, so I know we missed out on some of the biggest complaints about the land (lack of shade, and thus overheating). I just always find it so interesting how so many different things can factor into peoples perceptions of these parks.

Last edited:

eddie104

Absolutely! We experienced Toy Story Land at night time, during a comfortably chill kind of night, so I know we missed out on some of the biggest complaints about the land (lack of shade, and thus overheating). I just always find it so interesting how so many different things can factor into peoples perceptions of these parks.
A lot people on this board have ridiculous expectations for Disney. I’m not saying we should give them a pass when they mess up but this land doesn’t deserve all the backlash it gets.

celluloid

It is great that people enjoy it for what it is. People enjoying things is good, she would have enjoyed it the same or even more than if it's objectively bad industry shortcomings were better and so would many more people.

This board often looks at things objectively, which is also not a bad thing.

Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy film, I know that is a subjective situation. Objectively in most movie making standards, Raiders of The Lost Ark is the better film.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
We comment on how long it's taken from announcement to opening of Tron, but it's worth point out that we will likely be >4 years from announcement to opening of this restaurant (which contains relatively modest themeing in the grand scheme of it all and a relatively simple building)...

Fox&Hound

My big complaint of TSL is the layout. I hate how it is one straight line and you always feel you are in the way. I wish there were more side streets and nooks and crannies where you can get lost and explore. Does that make sense? I equate it to a busy street in NY where you are always in someone’s way, especially if heaven forbid you stop and look at something. I wish the Alien ride was tucked in the back under slinky more. I hope this restaurant will help add a sense of depth to the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom