New Roundup Rodeo BBQ sit-down restaurant coming to TSL

TikibirdLand

I would have preferred a third attraction that is worth riding to this restaurant that is basically like eating in the TSM Queue.
Aren't there any people with ideas working in the parks development division anymore?
A fully themed and fleshed out Pizza Planet would have been the obvious quality choice rather than more of the same thing.
Boo.
with quality pizza, too.

Bocabear

I ate at the pizza place one time about 7 years ago and found no reason to ever go back. It was a dismal waste of money.
They can obviously do better on all fronts, but when there are so many people willing to applaud their value-engineered mediocrity at premium prices, why should they bother? It is sad to see this continued decline.

TikibirdLand

I ate at the pizza place one time about 7 years ago and found no reason to ever go back. It was a dismal waste of money.
They can obviously do better on all fronts, but when there are so many people willing to applaud their value-engineered mediocrity at premium prices, why should they bother? It is sad to see this continued decline.
Maybe they were trying to be true to the movie... Would you expect Pizza Planet to have good pizza or Chuckie Cheese versions? With the arcade games and such, it kinda reminded me of that. Some things you shouldn't try to copy from the movie though...

J4546

well, the original plan of TSL was to have 2 distinct sides, a western cowboy themed side with woody, and a futuristic space side with buzz. So a pizza planet wouldnt really fit on the Woody side thematicaly and theres no room over by the Buzz side for much more. The OG concept art also had an als toy barn on the woody side across form the bbq joint which would be cool imo, hopefully they build that eventually. Also having a pizza planet (if your talking about making one that looks like its from the movie) would be way out of scale with the park as well.

Club Cooloholic

Why not another ride and a quality sit down restaurant? I’m glad to see them working on doing more stuff in the land (restaurant, better store, covered dining area) but they need to figure out a way to squeeze in another small ride and/or an indoor show or M&G
In DL bugs life land had a bunch of smaller rides packed into a small footprint. The rides mainly appealed to younger kids, I feel likes something like that would fit perfectly here. Rides like Hemlichs Choo Choo and Flicks Flyers aren't going to blow anyone away or cost a lot but the tykes love them and they could use more rides aimed at them(also keeps lines down at other places). Retheme it to Toy Story and you're set.

sullyinMT

maybe they could fit a horsie spinner in woodys entrance area where Als Toy Barn was supposed to go
Why spinners? I’m not a fan of the screen rides everywhere these days, but I would actually enjoy a simulator flight of Woody and Buzz into the moving van from the original Toy Story. Or a trackless simulated adventure that Woody and Bo Peep had in the carnival from TS4, or all the toys in the daycare from TS3. Maybe a rotating theater where your adventure depends on where you split in line, to keep re-rideability at a premium.

Animaniac93-98

"In this unique, fun, family-friendly dining experience, guests will enjoy delicious barbecue fare while surrounded by a kaleidoscope of toys, games, and playsets that Andy has brought together to create his one-of-a-kind rodeo."

I like how the press release points out that this is a "family-friendly" dining experience, as if a Toy Story restaurant in WDW wouldn't be?

Maybe there's also going to be an adults-only Toy Story restaurant with college-aged Andy's new favorite toys? 🤔

Animaniac93-98

Why spinners? I’m not a fan of the screen rides everywhere these days, but I would actually enjoy a simulator flight of Woody and Buzz into the moving van from the original Toy Story. Or a trackless simulated adventure that Woody and Bo Peep had in the carnival from TS4, or all the toys in the daycare from TS3. Maybe a rotating theater where your adventure depends on where you split in line, to keep re-rideability at a premium.

Or a boat ride like the Storybookland Canal Boats through various playsets and scenes.

sullyinMT

"In this unique, fun, family-friendly dining experience, guests will enjoy delicious barbecue fare while surrounded by a kaleidoscope of toys, games, and playsets that Andy has brought together to create his one-of-a-kind rodeo."

I like how the press release points out that this is a "family-friendly" dining experience, as if a Toy Story restaurant in WDW wouldn't be?

Maybe there's also going to be an adults-only Toy Story restaurant with college-aged Andy's new favorite toys? 🤔
Barbie and Ken’s Rush Week Hookup!

Casper Gutman

I’m sure it’s been pointed out, but the fact that they are building a sit-down restaurant here and not in Batuu is absolute, inexplicable madness and more evidence that currently, Disney doesn’t know how to run theme parks.

We really don’t need any more of the Disney parks version of TS. The first three (and to a lesser the fourth) film are undeniable masterpieces, films that enchant kids while also offering adults surprisingly nuanced characters and mature depictions of complex themes. The parks representation is infantile and banal, a witless, humorless jumble of colors with absolutely no sophistication. Anything beyond one ride in this style is vastly too much. Honestly, a Toy Story Land could have been fun and clever, a fitting homage to the films, but that would require more thought and skill then modern imagineering is capable of. The lands thoughtlessness is reflected in every aspect of it, right down to its use of space. The art for this restaurant promises to continue that tradition - look at those flat, boring roofs. If not for the even more abysmal Avengers Campus, TSL would be the worst Disney land in the states.

UNCgolf

I’m sure it’s been pointed out, but the fact that they are building a sit-down restaurant here and not in Batuu is absolute, inexplicable madness and more evidence that currently, Disney doesn’t know how to run theme parks.

We really don’t need any more of the Disney parks version of TS. The first three (and to a lesser the fourth) film are undeniable masterpieces, films that enchant kids while also offering adults surprisingly nuanced characters and mature depictions of complex themes. The parks representation is infantile and banal, a witless, humorless jumble of colors with absolutely no sophistication. Anything beyond one ride in this style is vastly too much. Honestly, a Toy Story Land could have been fun and clever, a fitting homage to the films, but that would require more thought and skill then modern imagineering is capable of. The lands thoughtlessness is reflected in every aspect of it, right down to its use of space. The art for this restaurant promises to continue that tradition - look at those flat, boring roofs. If not for the even more abysmal Avengers Campus, TSL would be the worst Disney land in the states.

Although I haven't been to Avengers Campus, I'm pretty sure I'd take it over TSL. While the rides in TSL are better than Web Slingers, they're all mediocre, so it's not like it gets a big boost there. Otherwise, it seems like Avengers Campus has more to see/do in terms of entertainment and atmosphere, and even shopping/dining.

The biggest thing, though, is that Avengers Campus is half the size of TSL (maybe more like 30-40% of the size). It doesn't waste nearly as much space as TSL does.

I'm not counting Guardians or TSM as part of either land for this comparison since they were preexisting and kind of on the outskirts.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

Incredibly hyperbolic

UNCgolf

Incredibly hyperbolic

I don't know -- Toy Story Land is pretty abysmal. Most of it honestly wouldn't feel out of place at a Six Flags. People say that a lot about Disney to frame complaints, but I think it's the only thing at WDW where the Six Flags comparison truly applies.

I think it's the worst land/area at any of the four parks at WDW or the two Universal parks by a pretty comfortable margin. It feels like the whole area was designed to appeal to small children, which would be fine except that it appears they thought 5 year olds were the sole demographic. It also takes up a truly absurd amount of space compared to what's actually on offer.

Last edited:

Rose&Crown

Although I haven't been to Avengers Campus, I'm pretty sure I'd take it over TSL. While the rides in TSL are better than Web Slingers, they're all mediocre, so it's not like it gets a big boost there. Otherwise, it seems like Avengers Campus has more to see/do in terms of entertainment and atmosphere, and even shopping/dining.

The biggest thing, though, is that Avengers Campus is half the size of TSL (maybe more like 30-40% of the size). It doesn't waste nearly as much space as TSL does.

I'm not counting Guardians or TSM as part of either land since they were preexisting and kind of on the outskirts.
Confused on the wasted space part. How else could they have set the area up? I mean that honestly, seems they forced it into a really tight spot for no reason.

UNCgolf

Confused on the wasted space part. How else could they have set the area up? I mean that honestly, seems they forced it into a really tight spot for no reason.

Toy Story Land? It only feels so small because of how poorly designed it is (mainly due to SDD). It's almost the same size as Galaxy's Edge.

Slinky Dog Dash takes up an absolutely massive amount of real estate -- it's not much smaller than Expedition Everest. They could have easily built Slinky Dog in a way that allowed them to utilize some of that space for other attractions, dining, etc. instead of sprawling the footprint across such a huge area.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom