Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

SirLink

Personally, I think that's the move, either that or Australia.

Animal Kingdom needs a couple more major attractions that don't have height requirements. I'd love to see an extinct animals dark ride in the Dinoland area (ideally replacing Dinorama).

Would be better if they take the Mythical Island that has been designed for DAK, and actually build it. Or take it and remove the dragon and wyverns and replace it with a T-Rex and Pterodactyls.

BlakeW39

Agreed, the next easiest step they can take is upgrading the dino area.

After that my personal choice would be South America with an element of S.E.A. interwoven into the land.
Personally, I think that's the move, either that or Australia.

Animal Kingdom needs a couple more major attractions that don't have height requirements. I'd love to see an extinct animals dark ride in the Dinoland area (ideally replacing Dinorama).
Give us a new ride based on Ice Age Mammals (not the movie!!!) and I’ll be happy.

Okay so hear me out; I've suggested this before I believe on some thread somewhere, but I have an idea to incorporate all three of your wishes.

So DAK right now is entirely based upon tropical biomes. Well what if they decided to represent temperate biomes and animals AND a new culture whose lives are greatly attached with nature, and we got South American fauna alongside Pleistocene mammals like woolly mammoths and smilodons.

Set a land in America 10kya, when South American animals like tapirs lived in here alongside mastodons, and we could have a cool dark ride and maybe trails.

Of course all these are fantasies, I do not see any of these being built. Personally I think the next step is marine life anyway, afterall animals live there too.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
no.

Like I said the thread name should have D23 removed. We're just talking about potential new stuff coming to DAK. Nothing is known for aure but we all have our guesses (Martin having his facts).
The thread title doesn’t mention a particular D23. It’s our fault for being simpletons and stupidly assuming it would be the nearest one in the future.

dizda

I feel like a Pandoran “wildlife trail” with some creature animatronics would go a long way to balance out the land and keep it to the format that the rest of the park’s lands follow.
How about a Pandora-style safari? The third ride for GE purportedly would have had guests riding animatronic animals. The Pandora version could flip the concept and have normal safari vehicles but animatronic animals.

BlakeW39

The thread title doesn’t mention a particular D23. It’s our fault for being simpletons and stupidly assuming it would be the nearest one in the future.

It's also our fault for instantly trusting some 'insider who'd come out of nowhere.

How about a Pandora-style safari? The third ride for GE purportedly would have had guests riding animatronic animals. The Pandora version could flip the concept and have normal safari vehicles but animatronic animals.

Given that it's basically a nature reserve, yes; in fact it's actually what land's missing exploring the fauna of Pandora.

It's criminal that on NRJ, they blew their money on one Na'Vi and didn't devote money to animals or even just a Banshee or something.

Thebolt

I always wonder if they would consider building a modern Aquarium and moving the Seas Pavilions residents across to AK.
That would give them a way to build a Monorail hotel at the Epcot gate by redeveloping that area, and having all the zoo elements in a single park. The oceans would be a good addition to the theme, and provide more indoor options at AK.

FrankLapidus

I still think there's too much potential for a quality dino-themed land for Disney to just throw that away completed - I know The Good Dinosaur wasn't Pixar's biggest critical or commercial success, but the concept was great and would lend itself to a pretty unique experience at DAK. Chester & Hester have far outlived their purpose/usefulness, but I'd be disappointed to see dinosaurs done away with completely at the park.

Beyond that, I don't think Disney could go wrong with an expansion themed around any of South America, Australia or Antarctica.

I loved Zootopia, and obviously Bob Chapek cannot comprehend that creativity and original ideas exist beyond his own IP-obsessed mindset, but a country/continent themed expansion would be the way to go IMO.

BlakeW39

That would disrupt the new EPCOT concept, no?

Not really. The thing is this; animals have always been apart of Disney. Walt himself loved animals.

So naturally, Disney sought to incorporate them in attractions at the parks. When DAK opened it made these zoological park attractions redundant. The Living Seas certainly belonged at DAK from the moment the park opened.

Here's how you do it: take the marine life and build a land around it at DAK, maybe themed to the Pacific Islands. Then redo 20K Leagues for EPCOT.

doctornick

Nothing to spill that’s already known. Bike style coaster through the forest.

Or the D ticket indoor rapids ride that became the C ticket?

It's always interested to "peel back the curtain" and learn more about failed plans, but those seem like very of choices - assuming that FoP or its equivalent was also always planned. What DAK really has needed is indoor, low thrill, family rides. FoP is great and I'm sure that an outdoor bike coaster would have been cool, but they wouldn't be complimentary to what the park already has. An indoor rapids ride would have been particularly odd given the presence of another rapids ride already in the park - but a D-ticket version of NRJ which would be longer and with more show elements would have been a perfect fit.

I honestly don't quite get what WDI is thinking sometimes. It's not clear that there is a good connection between Ops and development.

DoleWhipDrea

It's always interested to "peel back the curtain" and learn more about failed plans, but those seem like very of choices - assuming that FoP or its equivalent was also always planned. What DAK really has needed is indoor, low thrill, family rides. FoP is great and I'm sure that an outdoor bike coaster would have been cool, but they wouldn't be complimentary to what the park already has. An indoor rapids ride would have been particularly odd given the presence of another rapids ride already in the park - but a D-ticket version of NRJ which would be longer and with more show elements would have been a perfect fit.

I honestly don't quite get what WDI is thinking sometimes. It's not clear that there is a good connection between Ops and development.

I’ve thought about this a lot since I made the move to Orlando and got my AP. In Magic Kingdom it’s more balanced, but in the other parks it’s a mad rush to jump from thrill ride to thrill ride. It’s exhausting, and I can’t help but wonder how much those that aren’t fit to ride (health, age, height requirements or otherwise) actually get to enjoy. The list of attractions really start to whittle down. A gentle attraction that all could ride is almost always replaced with a thrill ride. There needs to be more balance.

TrainsOfDisney

I was just telling my mom about Star Wars land and realized there’s really nothing there for her. In our conversation I said “yeah it’s kind of sad that Disney spent a billion dollars on a land and there is nothing there that the entire family can experience together.”

My mom really enjoyed the boat ride at avatar. And she has 0 interest in avatar.

Timothy_Q

I was just telling my mom about Star Wars land and realized there’s really nothing there for her. In our conversation I said “yeah it’s kind of sad that Disney spent a billion dollars on a land and there is nothing there that the entire family can experience together.”

My mom really enjoyed the boat ride at avatar. And she has 0 interest in avatar.
Rise of the Resistance is a dark ride for the whole family

TrainsOfDisney

40”
MFSR is 38”.

Both are rather low. MFSR is as family-friendly as Slinky Dog, Mine Train, and Kali. RotR will be at the same level as Big Thunder, Splash, Test Track, etc.

My kids hit 38” at 3 and 40” at 4. I find Disney height requirements to be significantly lower than all other theme and amusement parks.

Right. So that’s not a ride for the entire family like pirates, haunted mansion, Navi River etc. that’s my point. (Nothing at all wrong with thrill rides.. just a billion dollar land should have an attraction for everyone, even if it’s a show or something like that).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom