Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

EarthboundChild

With the rumors of an expanded Jurassic Park/World presence at Universal coming in the future, I don’t see how a new addition to Animal Kingdom would not involve dinos. It gives a clear counter to their expansion and also would fix the weakest link in the park.
Granted this was under different leadership but didn't one of the reasons Beastly Kingdom didn't come to fruition was because they feared being seen as ripping off Dueling Dragons at Universal Studios?

Expanding dinosaurs may be seen as a poor imitation to the recognizable Jurassic Park/World license.

I know this won't happen unless Joe Rohde drugs IP-loving, themes-be-damned Bob Chapek but I really would love it if they take the land from Dino-Rama land + the Nemo theater and convert that to a smaller version of the Beastly Kingdom concept. They can still do the dragon coaster (especially now that Universal doesn't have one anymore) and the unicorn walkthrough concepts, just make the maze smaller and leave out the Fantasia water ride completely. Dragons and unicorns are still popular and have proven to be quite timeless.

Matt7187

Granted this was under different leadership but didn't one of the reasons Beastly Kingdom didn't come to fruition was because they feared being seen as ripping off Dueling Dragons at Universal Studios?

Expanding dinosaurs may be seen as a poor imitation to the recognizable Jurassic Park/World license.

I know this won't happen unless Joe Rohde drugs IP-loving, themes-be-damned Bob Chapek but I really would love it if they take the land from Dino-Rama land + the Nemo theater and convert that to a smaller version of the Beastly Kingdom concept. They can still do the dragon coaster (especially now that Universal doesn't have one anymore) and the unicorn walkthrough concepts, just make the maze smaller and leave out the Fantasia water ride completely. Dragons and unicorns are still popular and have proven to be quite timeless.
If I’m not mistaken, the concept for Dueling Dragons was taken to Universal by former Imagineers after Beastly Kingdom fell apart. Not 100% positive on that though.

FigmentJedi

Jurassic Park does not and should not have a monopoly on the concept of dinosaurs

Last edited by a moderator:

BrianLo

So, has anyone seen anything tonight that indicates that a DAK announcement is forthcoming? The press coverage of the P&R displays hasn't featured DAK at all as far as I've seen.

Generally speaking (based on years passed), the displays tend to focus in on projects announced the prior D23. Not really what is occurring at this years presentation.

Epcot is a bit of an exception because it's a such a drawn out affair.

Albeit the orange harvest display might be the sole thing I can think of (but it wasn't even addressed during the keynote).

EarthboundChild

If I’m not mistaken, the concept for Dueling Dragons was taken to Universal by former Imagineers after Beastly Kingdom fell apart. Not 100% positive on that though.
That was sort of the case (the final concept being slightly different of course). Disney Imagineers did leave the company after Beastly Kingdom was put on hold again and again due to budget restrictions. Even after they left the Beastly Kingdom concept was still not cancelled. But then Dueling Dragons opened alongside Islands of Adventure and that made the Beastly Kingdom concept more difficult to open since Eisner didn't want Disney to seem like they were copying Universal with their E-ticket.

Jurassic Park does not and should not have a ******* monopoly on the concept of dinosaurs
I didn't say anything to the contrary. I am just referring to the whole Dueling Dragons v. Beastly Kingdom (you know... just like Universal doesn't have a monopoly on the concept of dragons) situation and comparing it to why Disney possibly won't expand on the Dinosaur theme at AK.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks for the clarification.

I apologise to @Castastone then, but I still hope you understand the topic instead of spreading misinformation.

Unless he deleted some posts I don't see any "misinformation" in his posts, I just see opinions. Personally I don't think Zootopia is a good fit for AK, but with that said I don't think the current management would have any problem putting Zooptoia into AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom