Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

Walrus from Paris

Original Poster
This is at least the second time this summer that a new poster has joined the site and started dropping information immediately. I'm curious where all these new posters are coming from.
It is all the Imagineers joining and testing their ideas on us to find out if we would riot or not.
I'm just a Walrus. What do I know?

Darth Snips

I'm just a Walrus. What do I know?

wombat

Internally, Disney has worried about the third (or fourth:facepalm:) Universal park. This ride is not a knee-jerk reaction to Uni’s prideful announcement a few days ago, but a thought-out plan to continue to bolster up the resort—corporate espionage is golden my friends.

It’s pretty much a go, and barring a Brazil pavilion situation, should be announced this month at D23.

I personally believe it’ll be received as a solid addition to the park, barring the purists.
So do you actually know that there is going to be a new ride?, if not you could also say 'Aliens land in Central Park, Announcement expected'.

WDW Pro

You know what the best site is to drop intel.

Like the Pro, your intel seems to be new but corroborated by people who have been here longer than a week.

You also know that sometimes it's best to post anonymously.

I'm not corroborating this "rumor". I don't think marni is either. Don't conflate "the are plans for AK" with "new ride being announced at D23".

Rosso11

From people I know within Disney there are plans to replace Dino Rama and those plans have been pushing forward. They couldn’t tell me what the plans were just that they are in place and will be happening “relatively soon.” When I was told this a few months ago I didn’t think this year because with Disney that could have still meant years. Now with the combination of this new rumor of them announcing something at D23 and Disney pushing back the reopening of Primeval Whirl I can’t help but think this is all connected now. At least I’m sure hoping it is.

Tonto

I thought Disney was a little hesitant on building/announcing more of these one-IP lands after SW:GE didn't pan out how they expected.
Ok Ill bite. Curious as to how Starwars land didn’t pan out? It wont even be fully open with its eticket attraction till virtually 2020.
What are you insinuating?

ToTBellHop

From people I know within Disney there are plans to replace Dino Rama and those plans have been pushing forward. They couldn’t tell me what the plans were just that they are in place and will be happening “relatively soon.” When I was told this a few months ago I didn’t think this year because with Disney that could have still meant years. Now with the combination of this new rumor of them announcing something at D23 and Disney pushing back the reopening of Primeval Whirl I can’t help but think this is all connected now. At least I’m sure hoping it is.
Yes. But “relatively soon” for Disney has a habit of moving back again and again and again which is why I’m hesitant to ever put a “best by” date on any rumor.

Everyone knows Dino-Rama will be replaced one day. That’s hardly a profound revelation. So will Star Wars Launch Bay.

ToTBellHop

True. It was even designed to be.
It’s silly to me to see Rohde get defensive of this project as though we should kiss his shoes over faded parking space lines. It’s like, “Dude, Eisner gave you a cheapo Band-Aid project and you did the best you could with the budget. But don’t pretend it’s a masterpiece like some of your other projects.”

I love when “temporary” Disney projects last for 20 years. Maybe “temporary” to a Galapagos tortoise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom