Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

Spash007

The Brazil Pavilion has been a private effort, not a government one.

Hints about what? It’s a lot of dirt.

Where is the pile of dirt in AK? I must’ve missed something because last I read the closest pile of dirt to AK was being used as a staging area for other projects

Minthorne

New attraction will be based on either Chicken Little or Home on the Range and deal with climate change.

My source:

deWild

Holy on a minute, if the Asia parks have a minimum 5 year exclusivity for new attractions, why would Disney announce this? The Shanghai land is set to open in 2021, which would mean AK can’t have anything open until 2026.

Could we have been misled?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Okay I am reading this two ways, so could you clarify for me please - it is early and caffeine has not caught up to me yet...

Are you saying this add to DAK could be instead of going into Brazil in Epcot? Or in other words, a ride added to Brazil is still on the table?

OR

Are you saying that this won't get announced IF they announce Brazil instead?

thanks!
Have faith...where’s your confidence, bro?

Everything is gonna happen 🤪

seascape

Adding Zootopia to DAK would be like razing Horizons to add M:S.
I disagree. If they want to add Zootopia to AK, there is only one way it would work. It would have to be kept away from the rest of the park with the only way to get there is the train. I.E. shut down Rafiki's and make that Zootopia. As long as it is not reachable anyway other than the train, the park itself would keep its current atmosphere and yet allow people to leave and explore another land.

CalebS

I disagree. If they want to add Zootopia to AK, there is only one way it would work. It would have to be kept away from the rest of the park with the only way to get there is the train. I.E. shut down Rafiki's and make that Zootopia. As long as it is not reachable anyway other than the train, the park itself would keep its current atmosphere and yet allow people to leave and explore another land.
I’d like to clarify and say I think that Zootopia in AK is an awful idea, BUT only being able to get to a brand new land via a train is an awful idea for park ops and crowd flow

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For those just tuning in:

Talk about dirt piles and construction is not about something happening at DAK. It was a reference to Universal's Epic Universe which is just land prep at the moment. Why was it brought up? Because someone had to make a reference about how fast Uni builds things compared to Disney.

Also brought into the conversation is a likely Brazil pavilion that's going to be built in Epcot. Why? Because D23 is coming up and there's an announcement of a surprise project, and so, a discussion of maybe something in DAK, or, the not-so-secret Brazil pavilion. Also, the OP mentioned that there was something new coming to DAK to be announced at D23 unless it gets pulled from being announced like the Brazil pavilion announcement was pulled at the last minute at 2017's D23.

To summarize, if the OP and our Insiders are correct:
  • There will be an announcement at D23 of a new ride (land? re-doing?) at DAK
  • There will be an announcement at D23 of a Brazil pavilion at Epcot
  • Nothing for either project has started construction or land prep
  • One or the other or neither will be the surprise secret project announced at D23
  • Everyone who keeps arguing whether Zootopia belongs or doesn't belong in DAK is insufferable
  • Everyone who keeps bringing up Uni v. Disney is insufferable

EricsBiscuit

What a thematic disaster that would be. Zootopia already does not belong at DAK, but to use it to replace a thematically cohesive, unique attraction would be awful.

FigmentFan82

I'd argue that Zootopia, the movie, is kind of forgettable. It has some great scenes and certainly isn't a bad movie. No one talks about Zootopia, though. It's sort of a modern day Robin Hood.

I think it played really well in China which is why China got it.

Moana would make more sense than Zootopia in a "movie people remember" fashion but I don't think that'll happen either.

Realistically:
- it's gotta be an IP of some kind because that's all they do now
- they'd really like to leverage their Fox buyout so what in Fox could they use?
I love Zootopia and my wife and I watch it all the time. Any movie can be forgettable if you don’t like it

TiggerDad

For those just tuning in:

Talk about dirt piles and construction is not about something happening at DAK. It was a reference to Universal's Epic Universe which is just land prep at the moment. Why was it brought up? Because someone had to make a reference about how fast Uni builds things compared to Disney.

Also brought into the conversation is a likely Brazil pavilion that's going to be built in Epcot. Why? Because D23 is coming up and there's an announcement of a surprise project, and so, a discussion of maybe something in DAK, or, the not-so-secret Brazil pavilion. Also, the OP mentioned that there was something new coming to DAK to be announced at D23 unless it gets pulled from being announced like the Brazil pavilion announcement was pulled at the last minute at 2017's D23.

To summarize, if the OP and our Insiders are correct:
  • There will be an announcement at D23 of a new ride (land? re-doing?) at DAK
  • There will be an announcement at D23 of a Brazil pavilion at Epcot
  • Nothing for either project has started construction or land prep
  • One or the other or neither will be the surprise secret project announced at D23
  • Everyone who keeps arguing whether Zootopia belongs or doesn't belong in DAK is insufferable
  • Everyone who keeps bringing up Uni v. Disney is insufferable
The last two bullets are not dependent on whether the new OP and the long-time Insiders are correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom