Rumor New ride coming to Animal Kingdom. D23 announcement expected.

rowrbazzle

I think the version your kids read was a cleaned up version.

Oh, definitely. It was in a big book of Disney movies/stories so parts were omitted in all the stories. Bambi was the most egregious, though. I couldn't help but laugh at the end, which was essentially that spring is here and everything is wonderful. 😄

They really liked the movie, though. My 6-year-old has requested it multiple times now and says it's his favorite movie.

UNCgolf

I'm not going to disagree with this take about "most people" but that wasn't the idea that Walt envisioned IMO. It's also a bit of a slippery slope because IMO it's the older people who care more about thematic consistency, etc.

If kids are the only judge of what makes a quality attraction, that would make things much less special

That's not what I meant -- I wasn't saying most people in general; I was saying most people who take little kids. And I certainly wasn't saying the parks should only cater to kids.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
That's not what I meant -- I wasn't saying most people in general; I was saying most people who take little kids. And I certainly wasn't saying the parks should only cater to kids.

I know, thats why I said I don't disagree with your sentiment, but there is a segment of the population who does buy into the marketing that the park is for little kids or wannabe princesses and there's not enough for adults or parents to do.

Just recently someone posted on another message board about this, saying they never went to Disney as they assumed it was just for little kids, then they went and were really impressed.

seabreezept813

So I can’t have fun too? That’s why I’d wait until we can do everything together. So we all get the most out of it.

Either that or maybe I get some daddy time late at the park when the kid has to go to bed early. Mommy can get time too if she wants on another night.

Who knows though. This is all waaaaaaaay in the future anyway.

Judging by your age in your profile I’ll guess your wife’s parents are maybe a decade or a little more younger than my grandparents (80’s). Last time they went was in ‘98 or ‘99. They know they can’t go anymore because of all the walking required.

Cheaper in the long run because less trips. Once you have a kid just don’t go at all for a few years till they can go on mostly everything ;)

Of course this is if you’re not a Florida resident. I live 3 hours away and could easily go up for just a single day for pretty cheap if I already have passes if we must absolutely go when the kid is still in diapers.

Went with my 17 month old this summer because we were due for a family trip and have 15 year old SD. We actually toured almost as hard as our pre baby years. Characters at meals only and stroller naps made it easy to tour the parks. So nice to be able to be in a place where littles are welcome so the whole family can have fun. When done right, I’d say it’s more play than work. Only thing that slowed us down was RS but baby girl was a total champ some true open to close days she handled incredibly, and in August no less. You just never know. Honestly, hubby was probably more moody from heat and overkill than the baby.

I should add too for those who are worried about kids ruining experiences, it really comes down to the parents. We had one minor antsy moment where DD got fussy and so we quickly exited and were respectful of the other guests.

Phil12

DAK is a fantastic park and I love it. But the biggest thing I want to bring up from my earlier post is that what DAK needs more than anything is more indoor stuff. The park doesn't offer the opportunity to get out of the sun (or rain in those cases) that other parks in WDW do. Now, part of that is understandable as it is a "nature" park and being indoors is somewhat counter to that. But there are certainly opportunities for some increased opportunities to beat the heat.

I do actually praise the fact that Pandora's two rides are indoors, though NRJ should have been longer. They were the first and only rides other than Dinosaur to be inside for the park. I would still like to see more in that vein - wouldn't it be nice if they took the time travel Dinosaur premise and expanded it that they have a "dinosaur zoo" as part of the institute where you can ride a ride and see all of the (AA) dinosaurs? Like the best part of Universe of Energy but without the silly/incorrect energy concept.

Or add a dark ride to Asia. Something like Mystic Manor or, if they really want an IP theme, a boat ride themed to Jungle Book.

I just feel like some stuff like that would round out of the park and really be a compliment to what already is there. A bike coaster in Pandora would surely have been cool, but not really key for a park that has a decent percentage of its rides already of the "thrill" variety.
Asia needs an attraction similar to CBJ. Having various animatronic Asian animals singing country music would be well received if for no other reason than to get into an air conditioned theater for awhile since AK is so darn hot and there's almost no breeze to help cool things down.

They could choose from a vast array of educational country tunes that would help teach youngin's such things as geography, math and social awareness:

ImperfectPixie

I should add too for those who are worried about kids ruining experiences, it really comes down to the parents. We had one minor antsy moment where DD got fussy and so we quickly exited and were respectful of the other guests.
That is SO TRUE. In 4 trips with our kids we've only ever had one melt-down (and for 2 kids with autism, that's basically a miracle), and it was MY fault...I had no idea you could see Dumbo while driving on Speedway, and our youngest (4 at the time) freaked because we had to leave for the airport and couldn't ride Dumbo, too.

BlakeW39

DAK is a fantastic park and I love it. But the biggest thing I want to bring up from my earlier post is that what DAK needs more than anything is more indoor stuff. The park doesn't offer the opportunity to get out of the sun (or rain in those cases) that other parks in WDW do. Now, part of that is understandable as it is a "nature" park and being indoors is somewhat counter to that. But there are certainly opportunities for some increased opportunities to beat the heat.

I do actually praise the fact that Pandora's two rides are indoors, though NRJ should have been longer. They were the first and only rides other than Dinosaur to be inside for the park. I would still like to see more in that vein - wouldn't it be nice if they took the time travel Dinosaur premise and expanded it that they have a "dinosaur zoo" as part of the institute where you can ride a ride and see all of the (AA) dinosaurs? Like the best part of Universe of Energy but without the silly/incorrect energy concept.

Or add a dark ride to Asia. Something like Mystic Manor or, if they really want an IP theme, a boat ride themed to Jungle Book.

I just feel like some stuff like that would round out of the park and really be a compliment to what already is there. A bike coaster in Pandora would surely have been cool, but not really key for a park that has a decent percentage of its rides already of the "thrill" variety.
It needs indoor attractions without height requirements.

If you are pregnant or have an infant, 1 year old or 2 year old, the park really isn't worth going to. It's my favorite park in the world, but it needs more rides without restrictions.

An interesting point to bring up for sure. When I was walking around DAK - somewhere in Asia - I struggled to find somewhere to escape for a moment what was a scorching afternoon.

I usually give it some leeway because they have the safar and other animal based attractions, but unequivocally they could use one more good indoor, passive E. Not sure if it should go to Asia though. I'd prefer it in either Africa or Dinoland, provided they fix the rest of it first.

However the park could use morw rides in general, passive or thrilling, so either way I really won't complain. #1 priority is a passive one, though.

Bambi also deserves more representation at the parks besides Thumper and Miss Bunny who shows up once in a while. Especially since AK is the only park where the film would actually fit. Maybe bringing back Flower as a meetable character.

And yes, I'm aware that there's already been discussions about the film's darker themes in previous threads. But I prefer to focus on the positive and upbeat parts of the film. For example, anything that takes place from the first two acts of the film up till the Ice Skating scene with Thumper and Bambi (the exception is the time skip where Friend Owl meets Bambi, Flower, and Thumper as adults or the Twitterpated scene).

I mean, WDI shouldn't be looking at it as having a good IP and needing to put it somewhere. "Oh we have ___ ans it doesn't havw a ride, put it somewhere" even if it 'fits.'

WDI should have a goal to accomplish with an imagined attraction and then use an IP if it fits. There is nowhere to put Bambi in DAK right now, not until we have a temperate area - that is one of deer and bears, not antelope and lions. Think America, Europe..that sorta thing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Rise of the Resistance is a dark ride for the whole family

And that makes it hard to meet the 4,567 individual expectations laid on it to “save” Star Wars land...

Which is 100% about Disney actions...not the land
40”
MFSR is 38”.

Both are rather low. MFSR is as family-friendly as Slinky Dog, Mine Train, and Kali. RotR will be at the same level as Big Thunder, Splash, Test Track, etc.

My kids hit 38” at 3 and 40” at 4. I find Disney height requirements to be significantly lower than all other theme and amusement parks.
I think that’s a mistake.
And I don’t get what’s so hard about understanding the concept that some guests enjoy non-thrilling attractions.

In the case of studios, i don’t think there is a single ride that my mom can go on. Maybe Mickey’s ride when it opens if it doesn’t spin.

We love to go see the few citizens of Hollywood that are left, and of course muppets and beauty and the beast are great.
Neither of the Star Wars rides are gonna be “thrill”.

TrainsOfDisney

I consider the millennium falcon a thrill ride. And yes I’ve ridden it.
A little more mild than Star Tours.... but still a thrill ride compared to haunted mansion

BlakeW39

There's nothing to say. It wasn't announced at D23 as the title proclaimed.

I see that. I'm presuming that the thread title removes any mention of D23 and the thread gets back on track - if there's still any possibility of a new ride coming along.

But alas, this thread is useless if we aren't getting anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom