New RF Anual Passes Registration

Vader2112

Original Poster
Hello all,
I just renewed my AP on Saturday and received the new RF credit card type pass.
I just logged into my Disney account to see what the current resort specials are and was asked to reneter my AP info to register the passes. When looking at the different types of passes it does not have the new one depicted. Anyone else encounter this if so what did you do? Unfortunately they kept my exchange certificates.

freediverdude

From what I've heard on another site, once you have the new passes, you have to enter it in the My Disney Experience part of the site. You click on My Disney Experience, then click on your profile, and then in there, there will be like a plus sign to Add Affiliation. You can add it there and then it shows up.

If I recall correctly, when I registered my fiancés AP, we both have the old card stock passes but they were already issuing the RF cards the site only requires the numbers after the first few letters on the back of the pass, hope that helps some.

luv

Because everyone keeps talking about this, I pulled up My Disney Experience to try to enter the pass.

But I have forgotten my password and my answers to the questions aren't working. It says to tap "Contact us" but I couldn't figure out where that was.

So I guess I can't use the thing, lol.

Vader2112

Original Poster
If I recall correctly, when I registered my fiancés AP, we both have the old card stock passes but they were already issuing the RF cards the site only requires the numbers after the first few letters on the back of the pass, hope that helps some.
Thanks. The new passes I have are plastic and do not have letters like the card stock.

Vader2112

Original Poster
From what I've heard on another site, once you have the new passes, you have to enter it in the My Disney Experience part of the site. You click on My Disney Experience, then click on your profile, and then in there, there will be like a plus sign to Add Affiliation. You can add it there and then it shows up.
I tried this it shows my pass that expired on 3/25. If I click to add an affiliation I get a note for DVC. GRRR.. Probably all a mute point once they start issuing Magic Bands.

RonAnnArbor

YEs indeed we do have another thread on this -- with I think the same people including myself commenting.
It does not work yet -- Just call.

tissandtully

The MyDisney Experience site is now displaying this message when you try to add an affiliation for an RFID AP:

Did you purchase a new pass or convert your pass to one of the new cards after
March 19, 2013?
We're sorry, but are unable to add your passholder affiliation at this time. If you wish to book a Disney Resort hotel stay, call (407) 560-PASS or (407) 560-7277 to make your reservation and receive your passholder discount. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Now that you have your new card, you’ll be ready to enjoy upcoming enhancements as soon as they are available.

This is really lame.

Vader2112

Original Poster
I have been working with IT for over 30 minutes.... Apparently my whole profile was a mess. The rep also directed me to go thrugh affiliations but it does not work. They have to get you a 17 number code affiliated with the new pass and that can be entered only if on the affiliation page it is not shoing any anual passes. GRRR. She ended up chaving to go in and delete my old passes which requires you to give them your password. She was able to delete my old pass info and once this happened I was able to add one of the new pass affiliations. Which is basically all I need to look for resort rates. I have to say the rep went above and beyond and used any resources she had available to her! Apparently they have an instruction sheet on how to add the new RF passes and myissue was not one there...lol
YAY

tissandtully

I have been working with IT for over 30 minutes.... Apparently my whole profile was a mess. The rep also directed me to go thrugh affiliations but it does not work. They have to get you a 17 number code affiliated with the new pass and that can be entered only if on the affiliation page it is not shoing any anual passes. GRRR. She ended up chaving to go in and delete my old passes which requires you to give them your password. She was able to delete my old pass info and once this happened I was able to add one of the new pass affiliations. Which is basically all I need to look for resort rates. I have to say the rep went above and beyond and used any resources she had available to her! Apparently they have an instruction sheet on how to add the new RF passes and myissue was not one there...lol
YAY

That's cool that you got it fixed, I think I'll just wait for them to get it up and running officially as it seems it's something they are working on, according to that message.

Vader2112

Original Poster
That's cool that you got it fixed, I think I'll just wait for them to get it up and running officially as it seems it's something they are working on, according to that message.
She indicated there are several bugs and maybe a mute point once they start issuing the APs Magic Bands .

rangerbob

Oh, wait until you have to renew your new RFID tickets. It took me almost 30 minutes at Guest Relations at DTD and 2 cast members to renew 2 annual passes with one of them being an upgrade from a seasonal. The conversation that they were having with each other with transfer this one here and place that one there. they kept flipping through the 2 tickets constantly. I hope that when I go to the parks this weekend that I can acutally get through the gate with the correct tickets. At one point I had my current ticket, my son's current ticket and his renewal all on my pass and nothing on any of the other passes.

Vader2112

Original Poster
Oh, wait until you have to renew your new RFID tickets. It took me almost 30 minutes at Guest Relations at DTD and 2 cast members to renew 2 annual passes with one of them being an upgrade from a seasonal. The conversation that they were having with each other with transfer this one here and place that one there. they kept flipping through the 2 tickets constantly. I hope that when I go to the parks this weekend that I can acutally get through the gate with the correct tickets. At one point I had my current ticket, my son's current ticket and his renewal all on my pass and nothing on any of the other passes.
Mine did not take too long the only thing I did not get is why they had to issue me old card stock ones and then convert them to the new plastic RF pass during the same transaction. Why not just put the RFID cards right away?

Vader2112

Original Poster
OK - this site just escalated from badly executed to DANGEROUS. NO ONE should require your password for ANYTHING - it's why we have admins.

Vader2112 - if you have not CHANGED your password on the WDW site - PLEASE do so, immediately.
Done before I hung up!

Foolish Mortal

It's both sad and comical that a company such as Disney can have one of the absolute worst sites. And I'm of the opinion that they honestly don't care ! For years I've read all the problems people have with WDW's site and things never really change. I even sent a blistering e-mail about the issues I recently had trying to book ADR's at the 180 day mark that was a joke. Ended up having to call them in.

RonAnnArbor

Note that is why you aren't supposed to go to Guest Services at this point -- The conversions are being done at the Odyssey Center at Epcot, where there are 20 stations set up with people who convert the tickets in less than a minute for each -- I think Guest Services went out of their way to try to help, but they should have sent you to Epcot...

Vader2112

Original Poster
Note that is why you aren't supposed to go to Guest Services at this point -- The conversions are being done at the Odyssey Center at Epcot, where there are 20 stations set up with people who convert the tickets in less than a minute for each -- I think Guest Services went out of their way to try to help, but they should have sent you to Epcot...
Actually the RF passes were made available at all guest relations locations and TTC as of 3/20. There should be no issue unless the CM was not trained properly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom