New Resort Merchandise

djlaosc

So, looking at the comments section...

YES: Old Key West, Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Saratoga, Polynesian
NO PLANS KNOWN: Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Contemporary
UNKNOWN: Port Orleans, All-Star
NOT MENTIONED (SO FAR): Art of Animation, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht, Grand Floridian, Wilderness, Fort Wilderness

"At this point, I don’t believe all Resorts will be included."

wdwfan22

So, looking at the comments section...

YES: Old Key West, Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Saratoga, Polynesian
NO PLANS KNOWN: Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Contemporary
UNKNOWN: Port Orleans, All-Star
NOT MENTIONED (SO FAR): Art of Animation, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk, Beach/Yacht, Grand Floridian, Wilderness, Fort Wilderness

"At this point, I don’t believe all Resorts will be included."

The Grand Floridian's logo merchandise isn't that old. I believe it was changed sometime in 2012.

RonAnnArbor

This has been covered many times. The merchandise is for DVC and Deluxes ONLY -- Disney got rid of all resort-themed merchandise years ago and there are no plans to bring it back for any of the moderates or values. There was an AoA t-shirt for the first month after it opened, but even that was discontinued once they were all sold.

wdwfan22

This has been covered many times. The merchandise is for DVC and Deluxes ONLY -- Disney got rid of all resort-themed merchandise years ago and there are no plans to bring it back for any of the moderates or values. There was an AoA t-shirt for the first month after it opened, but even that was discontinued once they were all sold.

The Art of Animation resort still offers resort specific merchandise such as a coffee mug and shower curtain to name a few.

DisneyWall-E

So glad I got a Hurricane glass at Port Orleans French Quarter when I did. Only thing you can get now is a crummy pin.
When I was there last Sept I asked if they had any and they said only pins. I told the manager that I wanted to spend money but they didn't have what I wanted. Im sure he didn't care tho.

nytimez

So glad I got a Hurricane glass at Port Orleans French Quarter when I did. Only thing you can get now is a crummy pin.
When I was there last Sept I asked if they had any and they said only pins. I told the manager that I wanted to spend money but they didn't have what I wanted. Im sure he didn't care tho.

Look on the bright side: You can now buy a light-up wand or spinning Mickey almost anywhere on property.

edrho

We stayed at AOA in march and they had several shirts, cups, key chains, shower curtains, hats and other things I can't remember.

emcclay

It's totally cool that the CR was the first resort opened and they don't have any resort-specific merchandise.. with the exception of A PIN. Guests paying upwards of $350+ a night for a room would probably like to buy a shirt/hat/sweatshirt/hoodie/tote bag/polo shirt/sweatpants, etc.

:(

themoose

These say "Disney's" on them. Is it just the movies that has moved over to saying just "Disney"? I was under the impression it was a company wide thing

dreamfinder

These say "Disney's" on them. Is it just the movies that has moved over to saying just "Disney"? I was under the impression it was a company wide thing

I think here it is a grammar thing. The formal name (as far as I'm aware) for the resorts is still Old Key West, or Saratoga Springs. Not Disney Saratoga Springs. So in order to ensure that people know that the merch came from the resort, and not the actual place, they are putting Disney's to say that this Saratoga Springs belongs to Disney. Just like how you would say Matt's new car, and not Matt new car.
With regards to the movies opening sequence, there the company name of just Disney applies. Like how Dreamworks has their into, but it doesn't say Dreamworks'.

COProgressFan

The manager actually may have cared, but in general, at WDW most decisions are made by the "powers that be". So unfortunately, the system is set up so that he has little if any input in such matters. Which is a shame because the managers and CMs are the ones actually working with the guests on a daily basis and are likely to have a good feel for what does and doesn't sell.

COProgressFan

They still haven't figured this out company wide. Iger's corporate edict that everything will just be "Disney" (not Walt Disney, or Disney's) has certainly not made it's way to Florida.

It's fine by me, however, because things like "Disney Dumbo" (check out the DVD cover) and "Disney California Adventure" not only are grammatically incorrect, but sound ridiculous as well.

COProgressFan

I think here it is a grammar thing. The formal name (as far as I'm aware) for the resorts is still Old Key West, or Saratoga Springs. Not Disney Saratoga Springs. So in order to ensure that people know that the merch came from the resort, and not the actual place, they are putting Disney's to say that this Saratoga Springs belongs to Disney. Just like how you would say Matt's new car, and not Matt new car.
With regards to the movies opening sequence, there the company name of just Disney applies. Like how Dreamworks has their into, but it doesn't say Dreamworks'.

Your response makes perfect sense. However, the Disney corporation doesn't always use logic, and therefore there are now lots of things which are simply called "Disney" even when "Disney's" would be the correct usage. (See my above post). This is apparently the work of the marketing and branding geniuses out in Burbank.

dreamfinder

Your response makes perfect sense. However, the Disney corporation doesn't always use logic, and therefore there are now lots of things which are simply called "Disney" even when "Disney's" would be the correct usage. (See my above post). This is apparently the work of the marketing and branding geniuses out in Burbank.

Well, for a while, they were branding some of the DVD covers as Walt Disney Bambi, so Disney Dumbo isn't a terrible stretch. I'd view it more as something like the BBC slapping their logo on the front of the Doctor Who DVDs, where the studio/producer is branding it as their product. And in the case of the animated features, we know how many knockoffs come out trying to convince people that the story of RAPUNZEL is the same as Tangled. But RE DCA, ya got me there, that is just bizarre.

Zman-ks

This is exciting to me!!
75.gif
:)

Me too! :D

Obi

i'll be staying at okw in September. like the merch. might have to buy a shirt or two, along with the grumpy dwarf shirt i'll be buying as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom