New railing at Splash Mountain

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
I'm not sure when it was added, nor did I get a picture (SORRY!!!!)...

but the first part of the queue at Splash Mountain has all new wood railings. Same style as the previous ones, just new timber. They really stand out from everything else because they are not worn and weathered like the surroundings. I'd bet within a few months they will start looking a bit more in place.

Sorry if this has been posted already -- I didn't see anything about it elsewhere.

RAXIP

I don't have pics of the Splash queue, but other railings in the area look to have been replaced.

Outside of Splash
DSCN4179.JPG

The entrance of BTMRR
DSCN4178.JPG

and the exit
DSCN4176.JPG

SeaCastle

Nice to see my favorite land getting some TLC. Thanks for the pics, RAXIP!

Now if only they could rid themselves of that blasted lightpole at the Donald meet and greet.

SeaCastle

You're welcome.

What do you think of these lights in FL?
DSCN3657.JPG
DSCN3937.JPG

Well it looks like they made an attempt to theme it with some crates, but can't they do this testing during 3rd shift? In the words of Gunnery Sgt. Hartmann, these lights are ugly enough to be a modern art masterpiece!

optjay

Just got back, and while at B.T.M. I noticed, and took photos of those railings! Thought they looked cheaply done using regular store bought pressure treated post and rail. Not themed to look old, and weathered just Home depot looking fence.

Thanks for the pix, do not need to load mine.

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
Just got back, and while at B.T.M. I noticed, and took photos of those railings! Thought they looked cheaply done using regular store bought pressure treated post and rail. Not themed to look old, and weathered just Home depot looking fence.

Thanks for the pix, do not need to load mine.

The posts will weather on their own in good time. If they used pre-weathered timber, it wouldn't last as long.

As for pictures, what RAXIP posted was exactly what I was talking about. All of the Splash queue has been done, while BTMR is only the very beginning of the entrance. Maybe they finished it last night? Hopefully I'll get to MK pretty soon again to take a look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom