New queue for Snow White?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
While studying the aerial plan for the Fantasyland expansion, I noticed that there appear to be changes in the queue for Snow White. In fact it looks like the area from the Winnie the Pooh facade to the Snow White facade has also changed. It looks to me like the Friars Nook has been removed and it's interior space taken over by the queue from Snow White. It also looks like there is more landscaping in that area as well. If you look at the entrance of Snow White, follow the path of the queue and you will notice that where it currently cuts back towards the castle, on the plan it continues behind Mrs. Potts, then takes a right turn towards the back of the show building, then heads back towards the front, then finally turning left before heading to the load area. I could be reading more into what is there but let me know if any of you seem to see the same thing.

It's also quite obvious that Pooh is getting a new queue system and hopefully new facade. Thoughts?

Rob562

Yeah, I'd noticed that back when the plans came out, but it didn't get much discussion time amongst all the other stuff being talked about back then.

Also of note, the lines used along the front facade of Snow White are very heavy, black lines . There's a very obvious set of doors leading out from the unloading area. I'm thinking they might be enclosing the front of the attraction more than it is now.
Compare those lines to the diagram of Philharmagic's. The outside queue coverings are basically the same, and Philharmagic's queue uses a lot of thin grey lines until you get in to the actual building itself.

-Rob

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
Yeah, I'd noticed that back when the plans came out, but it didn't get much discussion time amongst all the other stuff being talked about back then.

Also of note, the lines used along the front facade of Snow White are very heavy, black lines . There's a very obvious set of doors leading out from the unloading area. I'm thinking they might be enclosing the front of the attraction more than it is now.
Compare those lines to the diagram of Philharmagic's. The outside queue coverings are basically the same, and Philharmagic's queue uses a lot of thin grey lines until you get in to the actual building itself.

-Rob

I noticed all of the things you mention. If those are indeed the plans, let's hope they don't get axed during any budget slashing once construction starts.

DisneyParksFan1

I'm not understanding what you guys mean...

Lol. Is this in the blueprints? If so, what do you mean by the queue changes and the whole Friar Nooks thing? I'm sorry, I'm just not comprehending what you mean.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
Yeah, it's in the blueprints....you have to enlarge it to see where there appear to be changes in the queue area. The area where the Friars Nook is appears to be completely changed. In fact it looks as though the entire eatery has been replaced by outdoor greenery.

DisneyParksFan1

I believe a new queue is expected for both SW and Pooh.
Completely agreed. Come to think about it, things are pretty hectic when it comes to those two particular queues. I'm pretty sure they'll change these queues. Not only for the sake of better guest flow, but maybe make it prettier as well.

Exprcoofto

Based on the Blue Prints I do not think SW will be getting any changes. The only things beings changed are those within the dotted line, which includes the entire queue for pooh, but then takes a turn at the new Castle Wall. With SW being included as part of FL West, I think its safe to assume it won't receive any substantial updates.

Bork Bork

I'd love to see some FL concept art from the vantage point of Pixie Hollow looking toward Cinderella Castle. That would clear some things up.

DisneyParksFan1

I would love for Snow White, in fact all of the existing Fantasyland to get a change of architectural themes by getting rid of the old Renaissance theme and get some Bavarian Village theme like from Pinocchio's Village Haus. Imagine having all the facades like Peter Pan, and Snow White get this architecture...

Bork Bork

I would love for Snow White, in fact all of the existing Fantasyland to get a change of architectural themes by getting rid of the old Renaissance theme and get some Bavarian Village theme like from Pinocchio's Village Haus. Imagine having all the facades like Peter Pan, and Snow White get this architecture...

I can see the interest in a unified village theme, but I'm totally cool with how it "should" turn out based on concept art. The west end is the medieval faire, transitioning into the medieval village, and finally to the forest. Makes sense to me. Can't wait to see it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom